Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
My DH is a smoker. He won't quit. I finally told him I wasn't going to take care of him when he started getting sick from smoking. I haven't smoked for over 2 years but he won't vape no matter what I've got for him to try. I've got a box full of barely used starter kits. :(

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Can't like your post, it is sad.

My DH is a smoker. He won't quit. I finally told him I wasn't going to take care of him when he started getting sick from smoking. I haven't smoked for over 2 years but he won't vape no matter what I've got for him to try. I've got a box full of barely used starter kits. :(

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
My wife still smokes, but even when I did, she smoked way less than I did. We are separated (only by distance and circumstance... still "soul mates") We always went outside to smoke so when I started vaping she still made me go outside. She is not interested in vaping but supports my vaping (even buys me coils when I'm low on funds)

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
My wife still smokes, but even when I did, she smoked way less than I did. We are separated (only by distance and circumstance... still "soul mates") We always went outside to smoke so when I started vaping she still made me go outside. She is not interested in vaping but supports my vaping (even buys me coils when I'm low on funds)
I always vaped in the same place I smoked, we both only smoked outside, and now we only vape outside.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The husband tried briefly when I did but it did not take.

Fortunately for him, my dad was a smoker so although SOMETIMES on strangers I don't want to love, I find it disgusting, the smell is actually comforting at times one him.

This is fortunate, since due to my own smoking behavior I am sure I stunk to everyone for decades, I decided I would never censure a soul for smoking and ATM I am leaving it alone. My main problem is *I* am stressed and would love a cigarette right now, holy Jesus.

Anna

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think hubby will smoke and vape for the rest of his life. He vaped only for the first 6 weeks of this year but the call of smokes drew him back. I never say a word to him about it. It is his choice and I support him no matter whether he keeps smoking or not. I never would have made the switch if someone had pressured me into doing it. I can keep silently hoping though. I make our e-liquid and rebuild our coils but I don't buy his smokes. We both vape in the house but he goes outside to smoke.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
My ex back in the day wanted me to quit smoking and in one of her trips (she was a stewardess for Iberia) she brought me a weird vape kit.
And i mean really weird,this must have been 13 to 14 years ago heck maybe even 16,can't really remember when exactly but the apparatus itself?? wow...

It was shaped like a pack of cigarettes and i mean shaped with stickers and almost the same size,only a tad bigger.
Had like a small lever in the bottom that if you slid it to the opposite side a ''plug'' would pop out so you would just plug the pack of cigarettes (made of cheapo plastic) DIRECTLY to the wall.

Inside the pack you had a couple of slots to put the plastic cigarette shaped thingys in,you would leave it charging then once charged unscrew one of the cigarettes,attach it to the other side of the cigarette where it had the cotton and the liquid and you would puff puff away.

Weirdest thing at the time,i used it about a week or two but quickly went back to smoking cigarettes,tried to find some pics of this old school mod but no luck.

Now i cant really stand people smoking,smell alone just makes me ill.
Any new friends ive made or even people i met while waiting for something (doctor,car inspection,etc,etc) i tell them about vaping if i see them smoking cigarettes.

So far i counted 7 that had gone to my friends vape shop to get started,they always called me after a couple of weeks to take me out to dinner or just to thank me for talking them into it.

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
My wife and I both smoked a looooong long time ago, almost exclusively socially. We wouldn't smoke all week, but on a Friday or Saturday (or both) at a bar or a party, we'd smoke cigarettes with our smoker friends. But that was it. When she got pregnant, that all stopped for her, but for some reason, it picked up for me. It wasn't long after my son was born that I found Smokeless Image and started vaping on their cigalikes. She tried it a few times, and if she's tipsy and we're out having fun, she'll partake in my vape, but other than that, she doesn't do any of it any more.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
I have been trying for a year to get her off the sticks, the caliburn was the only one she kinda liked. But I lost it at a beach. The problem is she doesn't realise she smokes for a nicotine hit.
Some people they smoke to look cool,they probably didn’t knew the nicotine influence in a cig

• Agree
Reactions: Anise

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
My wife and I both quit on Cold Turkey Day 1983 (day after Thanksgiving).

She is still quit, where I was the Smoker in the relationship. I had quit several times, once for about 3 years. I had to smoke outside.

I don't know how she tolerated my stinky smoking. She is a beautiful person who's only flaw is her poor choice in men.

But now, I'm 6 plus years into no cigs. She is cool with my vaping. She just wishes I'd throw out the old bottles...

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
My wife just doesn’t enjoy vaping but cigarette.Tbh I am fine with that as she doesn’t use more then half a pack in a day,more like 3-4 sticks and sometimes nil.For those in a committed relationship or married,is your partner a smoker or like you only vape?

Myself and my husband were both smokers then I took up vaping and made the full switch with him smoking around me.

It took him a while but he eventually made the switch as well, and we are both vapers now.

For some it takes longer to catch on.. I think I vaped for 3 years before he made the switch... and it was pods that sold him on it. We are all different.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
We wouldn't smoke all week, but on a Friday or Saturday (or both) at a bar or a party, we'd smoke cigarettes with our smoker friends. But that was it. When she got pregnant, that all stopped for her,
When my wife got pregnant, she quit... I was so proud of her! After my son was born, she started back up but never smoked as much as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread