Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishin' Cricket

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Missouri, USA
I just shared my story with the FDA today at:

Regulations.gov

From 1995 until the year 2010 I was a steady pack and a half a day smoker. From 2007 to 2010 I made several attempts to quit using various techniques, nothing worked! I missed having that smoke in my hand and I was hopelessly addicted to nicotine.

The times that I was briefly able to "quit" I was a ticking time bomb, so to speak.. Two or three weeks of torturing my family and friends with my poor attitude, constantly craving that thing in my hand, in my lips, that's all it would take and the wife would literally beg me to smoke a cig and chill out. It angers me even now, years later, to remember being so drawn to something so useless! How much obnoxiousness (and disgusting-ness) did I put my family through, and for what?

Then I found e-cigs! I had to order them from overseas at first, but then I found vapor4life and was able to get them "locally". I picked up an ecig and never looked back! Quite literally, there were 7 Camel Lights left in the pack when my ecig arrived.. That was 2/2/10. I found those 7 smokes months later and had zero problem with discarding them!

Using the option of a lower dose of nicotine I was able to stage myself down slowly to an ecig with no nicotine! That was 2/2/11
It was super easy too, with pretty much zero side effects! And with several flavors to chose from and an assortment of vaporizers that no longer resembled a cigarette (once I was comfortable, step by step) I was easily able (sans nicotine) to memtally separate this process from actual cigarettes as well as to separate the nicotine addiction from the "hand to mouth" addiction and tackle them both!

By 2/2/12 I had walked away from the ecig altogether, and I have never been more proud of myself.

Please, do not increase the price and reduce accessibility of these products

please remove text from government web sites that are inaccurate and/or misleading.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Cricket Everett Lennon Staggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread