sine coil in deadrabbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
I'm asking the question knowing they make a deadrabbit for only singe coil I tried mine last night in regular dead rabbit and I installed it in diagonal but I find when I drip on the coil like that I get a lot of spitback so I'm wondering if I would install it to just one side I could drip but not directly on the coil so I would get spitback? Maybe in diagonal would be great if your squonking am I making sense

Reactions: stols001

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
I use my Dead Rabbit with a single coil build on a Pulse squonk box and don't get any spit back. I have never tried dripping into it but I over squonk pretty hard. I also just got a Dead Rabbit SQ (22) but haven't built it yet as I am waiting on the mail man with my coil order.
I figured if juice is coming from the bottom you don't get any juice on the coil but right now I'm dripping right on the coil because I installed it across on an angle so I'm asking if I just install the coil only to one side now i could drip and it wouldnt hit the coil

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
You will have to give it a try to be sure IMO, I have never tried building it that way. I would think it would reduce the flavor some if it is getting most of the air hitting the coil from the one side it is closest to.
Flavor wise it was decent but I was using both airflow I'll just ry it to one side with single airflow to see . I just seen a picture installed diagonal so I figured I'd try that

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
You can leave you coil how you have it and just pulse it a couple times after you drip on it. That should absorb the excess juice. I've never had a problem with spitback. Another thing you can do is get rid of that POS Dead Rabbit and get a good RDA.

Last edited:

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I figured if juice is coming from the bottom you don't get any juice on the coil but right now I'm dripping right on the coil because I installed it across on an angle so I'm asking if I just install the coil only to one side now i could drip and it wouldnt hit the coil
Juice will flow up the wick from below when you suck on it.
(easy folks:))No need to juice the coil.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Juice will flow up the wick from below when you suck on it.
(easy folks:))No need to juice the coil.
yeah, spit back is most likely related to the build/wicking more so then him dripping onto the coil. I just put 25 drops from a 30ml unicorn thru the drip tip on to this, after I took the pic, and got no spit back. The rayon wicks were already soaked as I always squonk before I put the box down. 3mm coilology tri-core fused clapton 3-26/36 ni80 single coil ~0.21 ohm

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
You can leave you coil how you have it and just pulse it a couple times after you drip on it. That should absorb the excess juice. I've never had a problem with spitback. Another you can do is get rid of that POS Dead Rabbit and get a good RDA.
I plan on getting a goon soon on my next order the deadrabbit is my first RDA

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
yeah, spit back is most likely related to the build/wicking more so then him dripping onto the coil. I just put 25 drops from a 30ml unicorn thru the drip tip on to this, after I took the pic, and got no spit back. The rayon wicks were already soaked as I always squonk before I put the box down. 3mm coilology tri-core fused clapton 3-26/36 ni80 single coil ~0.21 ohm

I just made up a coil

Took out coil and reinstalled it only on one side rewicked it and made a big difference works great good draw great flavor and vapor and the coil I made juggernaut wire and twisted ribbon wrapped in parallel 6wraps I'd 3.5 mm at 0.3 ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread