Singer Starts Vaping, Regains Falsetto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've been creeping around this board for years now whenever I need advice, and decided that perhaps it was time to finally join up. So, here's a little about me! I'm a singer - been playing solo or with a band in front of actual people for something like 15 years, and as recently as 3 years ago started getting paid on the regular to do it. Prior to this, I started dabbling in vaping, with a roughstack V2 mech mod from madvapes, double-stacking 18350s and rolling with a 5 ohm cartomizer. I was still smoking cigs at the time, sometimes a lot and sometimes not, and it wasn't until the band I was in started really doing well that I figured it was time to start taking care of my voice. Amazingly, within a couple of weeks I probably gained back about half an octave, my yodel was back, as was my falsetto! My voice would hold out for those four hour gigs (we were a western swing band - if you can't do 4 hours you ain't gonna make any money) and I could still talk afterwards! Sadly the touring life wasn't for me, and I dropped out of the band, but I still do solo gigs from time to time and the e-cig still works wonders!

Nowadays I'm on an MVP 20Watt with a couple different Kanger tanks, thinking about getting one of those new-fangled sub ohm tanks - I dripped plenty in my carto days. Didn't care much for it. I've got a couple mechs lying around, as well as a broken Vamo and a broken SVD, and a handful of eGo batts that still work in a pinch.

Anyway, how are you guys?

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf blunderchief. Nice to meet you and so glad you are here. Just a wonderful place to be. A singer. That is wonderful and it I am glad that vaping has helped you. But I have to disagree. I have been vaping for 620 days and I don't sound a darn bit better in the shower. :sneaky: Congrats to you on the vaping and I look forward to reading more of your posts. Have fun and make yourself at home.

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
Welcome to ECF blunderchief! That's an awesome anecdote. I am (well, used to be) a punk rock drummer, and smoked a lot before, during and after shows. I'd frequently gas mid-set and would have to dumb down my licks just to keep up. I haven't picked up the sticks for a few years (too many broken dreams lol) but since I feel so much better now that I vape I'll bet that wouldn't be an issue anymore. Only one way to find out I guess. Hahahaha

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I've always loved singing, strictly amateur, but for about 25-30 yrs, my natural alto voice has been more like tenor -- but since putting down the smokes, I have my entire high range back -- and strangely enough, haven't lost the low range I developed.

I was singing along to something the other day, and COULD NOT BELIEVE the high notes I was reaching -- and I'm no soprano at all, but I can stretch my voice much better than I could as a smoker.

I can even screech along with Robert Plant again. :D

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread