Single/dual coil battery life. A question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MortenOen

Nov 16, 2016
Greetings!
I have now repeated my experiment several times, and I can't explain my results.

Simply put, why does a single battery/ single coil setup go through twice the ammount of e-juice, compared to a dual coil/ single battery setup?

I have used 3 different squonkers, and 5 different RDAs, and the same battery. Every time I use a single coil, I use up the whole bottle (8ml) before the battery is empty (3.5V), but with a dual coil setup, my battery is empty (3.5-3.4V) when the bottle is still half full no matter the total ohm. On the dual setup I have had total of 0.14 to 0.25 Ohm, but never vaped more than half of the bottle. With single coil I have had from 0.16 to 30 Ohm, and emptied the bottle every time.
vape and flavor seems to be the same. The type of coil wire is also the same. I just don't understand it.

Reactions: xtrasyn

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I also find dual coils use up more battery than single coils. I can’t explain it either. It sort of makes sense, you’re heating up twice as much metal. I find there is less juice use and smaller clouds with a single coil as well. I could see your situation occurring if you’ve maxed out the available juice flow with a single coil so even though you have two coils and are burning twice as much electricity you’re using the same amount of juice. I don’t even know if that is possible though. I’m just as confused as you

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
In order to build a dual coil and single coil to the same resistance, the single coil has to be half the size of each of the dual coils. This means you have 4 times the surface area vaporizing liquid on the dual coil setup that you did on the single coil. Thus, you're vaporizing more liquid in the same amount of time.

It's not really a question of battery life as I read it, as you didn't list the amount of time each setup took to discharge the battery, but rather how much liquid was used during the cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread