size matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
As you all can see I have been vaping for quite a while. But I got away from the forum for a bit.

So what is the smallest vw mod around?

Surely with all the new battery tech everybody is not just "going big". I would like to have something to hold between my fingers, or hang from a lip when shooting pool. I have my share of nice big mod's. And recently purchased the Egrip (which I am really digging). I know Mark Bugs had a small mod, And there was some other dude working on one smaller than a cig. Heck that was 3 years ago.

Anything happening on the downsize front??

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
As you all can see I have been vaping for quite a while. But I got away from the forum for a bit.

Surely with all the new battery tech everybody is not just "going big". I would like to have something to hold between my fingers, or hang from a lip when shooting pool. I have my share of nice big mod's. And recently purchased the Egrip (which I am really digging). I know Mark Bugs had a small mod, And there was some other dude working on one smaller than a cig. Heck that was 3 years ago.

Take your pick ...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...40761-little-itty-bitty-mods-under-100-a.html

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

I think there seems to be some confusion as to what you meant by "mod". Many people call everything a mod. I have even heard people call a cigalike a mod. When I hear "mod" I think of anything that is not a cigalike or an eGo battery. Since you said you want to dangle from your lips and hold in your fingers, my guess is the link in the previous post is not what you're looking for since they are all box type mods that are too big to hold between fingers and too heavy to dangle from your lips...or your teeth for that matter. If you simply mean smaller than a cigalike but powerful like a box mod, I don't really think you find anything like that as I think it would be scientifically impossible at this juncture, at least not at any price that would be considered affordable...lol.

But to answer " what is the smallest VW mod arround, I would have to say that the iStick 10W is probably the smallest but would provide very little value over an eGo battery since it's max output is 10W. With a VV eGo set at 4.4v and with a 1.6 ohm coil head, you can get 12.1 watts (4.4v squared / 1.6 ohms = 12.1 watts). If you get a Smok 650mAh VV eGo batt and put a light, plastic clearomizer like a CE4 or 5 or whatever and get one of those thick silicone tips you use at vape shops to test eLiquids, you can hold it in your teeth like a cigar with no problems. The Smok is very small and light. Other 650mAh VV eGos may be too, but that is the only 650mAh VV eGo I ever had except a Kanger iPOW which does go to 5v but is a waste of money as the LCD screen drains the battery too much. It's longer than my Smok anyhow.

I like 510 or 808 cigalikes with a T4S Clearomizer (difference between a T4 and a T4S is the drip tip on the T4S scres on whereas the T4 is only a press fit with a silicone end to keep it in place) or even an eSmart (which is a small EVOD style eGo batt) with an eSmart clearomizer (of course). I think these setups are very powerful for 3.6v regs. Very underrated these days IMHO with the whole "mod" craze these days. Of course you only get 200-360mAh so they don;t last long. But small enough for the fingers yet light enough to hold in the teeth, especially with a cut-off juice tester tip as stated previously. You have to cut the tester tip off for the eSmart or T4S clearomizers as the tips are too long and the bottoms of the tips are too wide to grip the tip of the clearomizer.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 15, 2013
    In the Mist
    if you want something small like you are describing you may want to look into a small variable voltage ego with a clearo on lanyard. Even an iTaste VV 3.0 would work great for that. I use one on a lanyard when I am cutting grass. My girlfriend uses the same when we are out on the bike.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Since none of this stuff but a crappy cigalike is going to auto fire, what would be the point of doing the lip dangly thing? :confused:

Habit. Different smokers (includes vapers) have different habits that we engage in while we smoke or vape that are many times more addicting than the nicotine. I know it is for me. Nicotine comprises a very little portion of my overall habit. These physical habits are why it's hard for some smokers to switch to vaping. This is especially true for the habits, like dangling from the lips, where it is hard or even impossible to do with an ecig device. This isn't the case, obviously, with the OP as he has been vaping for a while. But for smokers that have a strong urge and need to dangle a cig from the lips, switching to ecigs will be tough if they cant break that dangling addiction/habit. Also, the OP never stated he wants to vape with no hands, as far as we know he may only have the need to dangle it from his lips when is hands are occupied while engaged in certain activities.

It's funny the different habits smokers are addicted to. I know a smoker that tried ecigs but one of the main reasons he can't switch is that he is addicted to the habit of lighting the cigarette. The smoking addiction varies from person to person and one person's addiction can be comprised of so many little things. I also know a person that is strongly addicted to the appearance of smoking. Meaning, she is addicted to what she looks like when she is smoking. In other words, she thinks the image of someone smoking looks cool so she thinks she looks cool when she is smoking a cigarette. It's part of who she is know and how she perceives herself. You can imagine how hard that addiction would be to break. She would have to change her way of thinking not only about smoking in general, but also about her own self-image as a non-smoker (or even as a vaper because it is vastly different than smoking in so many ways that it alters the "image" in ones mind).

BTW, there are eGo batteries that auto-fire. Don't get me wrong, they suck (no pun intended), but they do exist.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    I like 510 or 808 cigalikes with a T4S Clearomizer (difference between a T4 and a T4S is the drip tip on the T4S scres on whereas the T4 is only a press fit with a silicone end to keep it in place) or even an eSmart (which is a small EVOD style eGo batt) with an eSmart clearomizer (of course). I think these setups are very powerful for 3.6v regs. Very underrated these days IMHO with the whole "mod" craze these days. Of course you only get 200-360mAh so they don;t last long. But small enough for the fingers yet light enough to hold in the teeth, especially with a cut-off juice tester tip as stated previously.

I am SO GLAD to see somebody post this!

I think I've owned almsot everything that came out between June of 2012 to about 6 months ago. I *tried* to like larger mods and PVs, and I just .........can't. Even a 14500 batt device seems large to me. I LOVE the feel of a true PEN STYLE ecig. It's just perfect in every way. I don't mind charging often.......I keep them in rotation.

cig a likes are "too small" for me, but pen styles are "jsut right". And UNFORTUNATELY, there aren't many on the market now, and I think the industry is shooting itself in foot!

Not all of us are huge vapor/cloud inhalers....I jsut want a "little something" to keep me off cigarettes. In 3 years of vaping my favorite devices are the Pen styles (esmart and ecab) along with an original OG REO mini. :)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So glad to see someone enjoys small stuff still. I go back and forth but mostly with mini mod APVs right now (I thought I'd never say that lol).

A cigalike T4S or an esmart with a topcoil esmart clearo (has to be topcoil not BCC) at about 2.1-2.4 ohm produces a nice, warm vape with a great throat hit at 12mg and a very decent cloud at 50/50 mix, better than any carto I ever tried. Never been able to find a comparable sized setup that satisfies like either one of these setups. If a person can get over the button, this is a great start to get off analogs for a 2+PAD smoker who has the will to do it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread