slipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefania123

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
Los Angeles
have had an extra stressful couple of weeks during which i have smoked. quit a few months ago.. am upset at myself :( i did not go back to smoking what i used to, was smoking 2 PAD and have had about 2 packs over the last few weeks. after this i one i will not buy another pack and go back to exclusively vaping. i cant even stand cigarettes, the smell, the taste, the feeling, dont know why i did it. its like breaking up w/ someone and then getting back together and going.. oh yeah.. now i remember why we broke up. i hope i didnt open up a pandora's box with this though. cigs are evil in a sneaky way :(

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Don't be too hard on yourself, Steph. There's countless stories here of people who have struggled staying off of the smokes after being smokefree for a period of time. Multiple times. Eventually it usually works out for them.

I've read of vapors who vape most of the time, yet still allow themselves the occassional analog. Although not the ideal situation for most of the rest of us, it still beats smoking full time.

My first week vaping, I vaped as much as I wanted. When I felt a cigarette craving, I vaped more. If that still didn't help, I allowed myself half of a cigarette. Kept the rest for the next time. Eventually those butts started tasting pretty bad, and I didn't want them anymore. The juice flavors with vaping were MUCH better. When the last pack was gone, that was it. I didn't want any anymore.

Just keep trying and doing the best that you can. You often can not control stressful events in your life. Perhaps having some backup "emergency kit" of your favorite flavor in a higher nic concentration that you can fall back on during times of stress. You know that they are going to happen. Just try to be better prepared and more determined the next go around. :)

Last edited:

IrishUpstart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
River Falls, WI, USA
After a death in family in April, I'm still trying to get back to vaping exclusively. I know I will eventually so I am not upset with myself. People need to cope whether the death of a loved one or the death of a relationship....we need to cope. Instead of being angry about the cigaretres you did smoke, try remembering each and every one that you didn't smoke while vaping. In the end, focus on the destination and not the road that is taking you there. All roads have bumps....but you get past them.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Yeah, no big deal. Tomorrow is another day, and so is the next. Quitting is tough. It took me until I was 42 to get it right.

Some of my good vaping friends still have an analog or two a day. I just had my one year smoke free anniversary a few days ago, and it does feel good. So when you can, drop 'em like a bad habit!

Happy Vaping!

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
have had an extra stressful couple of weeks during which i have smoked. quit a few months ago.. am upset at myself :( i did not go back to smoking what i used to, was smoking 2 PAD and have had about 2 packs over the last few weeks. after this i one i will not buy another pack and go back to exclusively vaping. i cant even stand cigarettes, the smell, the taste, the feeling, dont know why i did it. its like breaking up w/ someone and then getting back together and going.. oh yeah.. now i remember why we broke up. i hope i didnt open up a pandora's box with this though. cigs are evil in a sneaky way :(

I would say that many if not most of us have fallen off the wagon at some point. After almost a year, I still smoke maybe 5 -8 cigs a week.. I used to smoke two packs/day. I do not consider myself a smoker anymore. Forget minor setbacks. You have made a decision not to be a smoker. The important thing is that you are moving in the right direction. Keep counting the cigs you avoid and you will be fine. Keep on keepin on!!!!!

stefania123

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
Los Angeles
update: am back to just vaping. i really do hate how cigs taste/smell/make me feel now. had a few days of.. well let me just make sure i hate them. yup.. i hate them. had a brand new pack that i smoked about 5 of, took the rest, broke them in half, flushed them down the toilet. havent had one since.

lots of strange things i noticed about how cigs affect me when i went dabbling back in it that i never noticed before. energy down, heart rate up, worse breathing, 'dirty feeling'. i dont know how i used to smoke 40 of those things a day. 5 of them were making me feel like death. lol

thank you all for your support when i needed it :) hopefully that time was the last time i do that. i really didnt like it so id like to think it is. and.. i love vaping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread