Small Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtybirdy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Georgia
I have a small leak issue with my kayfun Lite V2. Everytime I go to refill the kayfun there is always a little bit of liquid that has leaked out from the bottom and it also gets on top of whatever mod I'm using.

I have checked the screw and o ring where you fill it up and there is nothing messed up with it.

I have tightened the screw all the way down where you can mess around with the airflow but don't know if that would work because the airflow was way to tight.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Air flow screw should not effect it unless you have an internal leak around the the upper grommet.

Remember, the Air passage runs directly up to the coil deck. Filling usually causes some pressure that pushed a little excess liquid past the wicking or slightly floods the inner chamber. Some of this will migrate into the Air shaft and is Normal.
Blowing out lightly and wiping up takes care of most, but not all of the liquid.
Much like Oil, it will cling to the inner walls and slowly migrate. Add this to any condensation build up and you have tiny droplets following gravity to the Base.
These droplets may not be even noticeable or show a light dampness like the tank is leaking on occasion.
If the tank is not getting low over night, you do not really have a leak. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread