Smartphone VPN Network Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumbafox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
bellerose NY
I use the Iphone 4S and an Ipad. and have been hearing alot about problems with W-Fi security issues. I'm considering switching to VPN network access. I here its more secure than using a proxy server.

Companies charge monthly fees for VPN network access.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

I was not even aware until the recent iPhone OS upgrade that smartphone users were at risk while in public areas of having their phones hacked.

mom2matoskah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Thomasville, NC, USA
Is your concern about public WiFi hotspots or are you worried about your own home wireless setup security?

I have been in tech support for over 10 years and my husband is currently working on his Masters in Information Business Management with a concentration in network security so I am pretty sure that if I can't answer any of your questions, he can :)

BTW, we are using an iPhone 3GS, iPad, 5 laptops and two tower PCs inside and around our house, all with WiFi :)

tumbafox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
bellerose NY
My concern is being jacking by some phony wi-fi intercept.

From home I would like to access network anonymously without being tracked. I have the firefox collussion plug-in and its amazing the number of cookies pouring into my macbook everytime I surf despite opting out of every thing check of tht I do not want to be tracked and using private browsing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread