CASAA | Voting Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you distrust this process so much, then I advise you not to participate.

I hope you are aware enough by my posts that I fully trust and support the new voting system. I have not expressed that I distrust anyone, and my comments concerning "earned not given" were in general to express a point, not to express my current opinion or view of the process.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
I still think this would have been a better web layout

bigjimw-albums-random-mind-madness-picture2523-eco.jpg

:D

Lets all just go forward with the election. Let the chips fall where they may.

mtndude

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Roan Mountain, TN
this must not be my day - tried to register, got this message:

Persits.MailSender.4 error '800a0006'
550 5.7.1 <myemailaddy@here>... we do not relay <massmail@goztc.com>, account limits apply
/member.asp, line 170

will try again later
or on the morrow

Sounds like Webby, or his crew may have been changing over the mail handler. I'm sure it will be resolved soon.

dperino

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
go with the system the way it's been built. i'd pretty much guess that no matter how votes are caste there's going to be concern about the methods used. not that the concerns aren't valid, but webby has developed a fine system given the situation. with or without monitors, no matter who they may be, multiple voting can't be prevented. a way in which it could have been, of no consequence here, would have been to someway, somehow have voting done by "invitation only", however that may have been devised.

maybe next election a system that addresses the ills and concerns will be in place. the ecf and casaa aren't part of a banana republic, no one having a part in making the election possible did so with the intent of rigging it. that in itself pretty much makes it honest and above board. move forward from this and learn by it. be honest about the shortcomings but be positive and productive about it. all is well in casaatown. BigJimW is right, let the chips fall where they may in this respect, but for the love of zeus keep the man away from the color brown :)

MrKai

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
Alameda County, CA
...and is not only a prudent thing to do, but an honest thing for Webby to suggest.

Which is part of why we like him :)

Of course as it is all digital/electronic the best way to monitor it is quite frankly via the "paper trail" of source code, web logs and the like.

If that isn't happening by at least two people, being a cynic and science-minded skeptic, then you really don't have monitoring that is in any way related to the voting process :)

That said...

Do go on :)

-K

jim420

Moved On
Mar 18, 2009
Tobacco State (NC)
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: inappropriate linkage

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
I agree with SeminoleWind. Can people have different affiliations as well concerning vaping/e-cigs?

Dunno Jim - not any censorship by me. Lacey and Bonnie spoke with me weeks ago about mutual participation and sharing of resources. That was the idea all along! The last thing I want is a spitting contest or diversion of consolidated efforts.

Most of us on VF, RtV and ECF all all members of others forums. I would like to see cross references all over CASAA. The group doesn't belong to any one forum or dicipline by a long shot.

I'm a supplier, but I'm small time, so I don't exactly fit in with ECA. I'm a user and an advocate, so I post on ECF - but I can't access certain forums - because I'm a supplier. Since I'm a supplier, I can't participate in any elected positions of RtV even though that seems like where I'd belong most as an activist...

Rather than join the cast of Oliver, I decided to join with several hundred like minded folks and form CASAA - and here we are. Short of a distaste for one of CASAA's nominees I respectfully don't know much about VF's goals, although I can't doubt they are much different from CASAAs.

Educate me. How can we join forces and work together? I'm not the dictator here and a Board will be elected in a few days that will decide on our direction but our goals are clearly posted and no lines have been drawn in the sand. I have an eerie feeling that there is animosity forming where there need not be any.

We're all on the same side here - PM me or give me a call 800.696.5030

Thanks,
Webby

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
Hello Everyone.

I was informed I was nominated for CASAA just before my computer crashed. I am truelly honored to be nominated. I am completely surprised by this. I agree with everything CASAA is about and I fully support them. Truefully I have no idea what a board memeber would do, or if I even have the time for it. If elected I will do my best to help promote electronic smoking. I have allways tried to help those new to electronic cigarettes and personal vaping, I will continue to elected or not.

Thanks Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread