(SmartPlanet) The e-cigarette scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmoose

Dec 18, 2009
USA
Comment Made

Obviously you have a one-sided, biased opinion about E Cigarettes.

If you want a more balanced perspective, you may want to continue your research? Here are a few suggested sites to get you rolling:

Electronic cigarettes. (tobaccoharmreduction.org)

FDA Smoke Screen on E-Cigarettes (from the Washington Times) > Health Issues > ACSH

http://www.aaphp.org/special/joelstobac/2010/20100402AAPHPEcigLegisStatemnt.pdf

CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association

Electronic Cigarette Association

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

The Truth About Ecigs

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

I suppose you would have the flavorings banned from some other common vices like: Alcoholic Beverages, Fancy Espressos, and Ben & Jerry’s to name a few; we wouldn’t want to entice the children into using these! While we’re at it, we had better insist that nicotine gum not be available in those kid friendly flavors (it is) would we.

Try again, you can do much better!

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Another ignorant article.

This guy actually gets paid for journalism. My comment

Dana, there really is a story here, you just myopically missed it. You bought the consumer lobbying arm of Big Pharma, the "health" associations spin and you bought the FDA's dog and pony show last year (but didn't look at data).

No sweat off my back, I found the truth over the last year or so. As a 43 year 2-3 pack a day smoker, I had resigned myself to smoke the rest of my life. I tried all the snake oil the Pharma industry offered and twice tried the hypnosis voodoo.

Then I appeased my gf by purchasing a PV (personal vaporiser, another name for an E-cig- I'm sure your research didn't get that far), I dropped to about a half dozen cigarettes immediately. I got stuck there for nearly seven months and started backsliding a bit and did more research, I had heard about Swedish snus in one of those links that could have made you more educated, ordered some and for almost six months I am completely smoke free.

Incidentally, Swedish snus has been proven to be 98-99% safer than smoking, but our anti-smoking/tobacco/nicotine zealots have failed to mention that fact for over a quarter of a century. Makes you wonder what the powers that be really want, but you as a journalist need not look for a real story while bringing together news sound bits. Just the way of the world today.

I'd suggest a lot of comments, but his retort on the ones he already got indicated he was pretty closed minded, probably one of them there zealots.

ezmoose

Dec 18, 2009
USA
Given that FDA approved cessation products (with or without counseling) have proven to be ineffective for most nicotine addicted smokers, why not embrace the next best thing; harm reduction? E Cigarettes have been on the market (worldwide) for six years; millions of consumers and not one report of serious illness or injury connected with them. That is a rather large test sample of volunteer participants; certainly much larger than the typical scant FDA study! Where’s the poster child?

Why not give E Cigarettes a fair shake; they ARE the solution for many nicotine addicted smokers who can not or choose not to give up nicotine.

“If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.” Abraham Maslow

The all or nothing (quit or die) mentality is literally killing people!

Don’t feel bad Dana; you are not the first and will not be the last individual hoodwinked by the FDA propaganda. After all, they have unlimited resources and the backing of Big Pharma to spread their disinformation. It is truly a David and Goliath saga.

Dana will continue to believe what he wants to believe with or without our permission; however, I'm glad I got that off my chest! lol

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
the guy is a BUSINESS journalist...not his fault he doesn't know jack about anything HEALTH related....

That's what t's me off more than anything. Blowing smoke for readership, what a guy. There is a real good story in the comments from one of Emily's world. I was going to post the link, but get carried away. Maybe someone else will post it or I'll do so tomorrow.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
The following comment dripping with sarcasm was what I would have liked to drop on his site but refuse to sign up for an account I will never use again. And face it, the guy isn't listening to reason so this would have no positive influence anyway...

"Wow this may sound cheap, and definitely won't help but you've already proven to not respond to real facts and arguments so it certainly can't hurt either...

Not only are you a whackjob as a journalist, but how can anyone take you seriously? I mean look at the photo of yourself, you look silly.

How can anyone take you seriously? You have constantly avoided the numerous statements refuting your "fact" that nicotine causes cancer when it does not in fact cause cancer.

How can anyone take you seriously? The few responses that you have chosen to make have all avoided anything relavent to what has all but one of your 76 (so far) replies in an uproar but instead have focused on you defending your original article.

Be a man, grow up (maybe even be a journalist) and look into the claims that your readers are making with a non biased opinion and without a preconceived conclusion. Be the journalist that you claim to be and obviously are getting paid to be but are currently not earning a wage to be. Look into the additional facts and report what you find. Biased journalism is for duchebags I hope better from you in the future."

^ Ya that wouldn't have helped at all but I feel strangely better having been able to get it off my chest here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread