Smelly juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

midficollege

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Texas
Most juices don't smell- however, some do. I've noticed that some of the "berry flavors" have a distinct aroma, as well as the hazelnut from Dekang 3&5 and some of the gourmet-vendor flavors.

Do you modulate your vaping behavior at all dependent on whether you're vaping something that adds aroma to the surroundings (even if it's not tobacco flavor, which none of them do) vs. something that is completely neutral?

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My business partner is very anti-smoking, and he has a very acute sense of smell. He told me that my "smokeless cigarette" was stinking up the office and he could smell it even when I wasn't here. I don't buy that, but when I am at the office I use more neutral smelling juices. I even bought some flavorless juice to keep on hand if his perception gets worse.

He doesn't mind that I use my PV in the office as long as he can't smell it. Good or Bad, it all smells like (Edit)to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I can smell it so I assume others can.
Although 3 years ago when I first tried I could smell the strawberry I got for the specific reason that it wouldn't be objectionable and my sister who has a nose that could give a bloodhound a run for the money couldn't smell it.
I try the flavors out on people to find what they wouldn't mind. If I was in a crowd of random people I'd go more neutral.

If I ran into someone who simply claimed everything stinks I'd tell them they're crazy and their mind is playing tricks because they see "smoke" and ignore them.

I've been wondering about Christmas and how I'd deal with it because there will probably be a baby there. That was until I realized my sister burns paraffin candles constantly at Christmas. I won't be clouding up the place to avoid mental cases but I'm not going to worry about smells or possible pollutants. Not when there are scented candles producing very bad things.

midficollege

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Texas
Not to mention the fact that even if it smells, when i would smoke analogs you could smell them from 50 feet away, so who cares if it smells a bit like caramel- it's still less egregious than, for example, sitting next to someone who usually chain-smokes in a movie theater to have them actively vaping next to you.

forks

Apr 14, 2012
Low Earth Orbit
I've been wondering about Christmas and how I'd deal with it because there will probably be a baby there. That was until I realized my sister burns paraffin candles constantly at Christmas. I won't be clouding up the place to avoid mental cases but I'm not going to worry about smells or possible pollutants. Not when there are scented candles producing very bad things.

A point was brought up to me - by a professor in a lecture that I vaped during, and by a veteran here on ECF - which I think may be relevant here; the professor was ok with vaping in class as long as I "don't blow nicotine on my classmates." It was a 0mg RY4 carto that came with my crappy analog look-alike starter kit, so it was all good.

The point is that while smells might be offensive to some, and trigger zealous haters' attack mode, the smell probably isn't going to harm them...

I don't think there have been many studies about how much nicotine is released into the surroundings from vaping, so you might be careful of how much nicotine you may or may not be exposing the Christmas baby to, or even other people who may be highly sensitive to nicotine. :closedeyes:

VapApe

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2011
Ohio
My business partner is very anti-smoking, and he has a very acute sense of smell. He told me that my "smokeless cigarette" was stinking up the office and he could smell it even when I wasn't here. I don't buy that, but when I am at the office I use more neutral smelling juices. I even bought some flavorless juice to keep on hand if his perception gets worse.

He doesn't mind that I use my PV in the office as long as he can't smell it. Good or Bad, it all smells like (Edit)to him.

I think it time to change your diet. May I suggest beer, beans and hard boiled eggs.
In short order your partner will love the smell of vaping.;)

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
A point was brought up to me - by a professor in a lecture that I vaped during, and by a veteran here on ECF - which I think may be relevant here; the professor was ok with vaping in class as long as I "don't blow nicotine on my classmates." It was a 0mg RY4 carto that came with my crappy analog look-alike starter kit, so it was all good.

The point is that while smells might be offensive to some, and trigger zealous haters' attack mode, the smell probably isn't going to harm them...

I don't think there have been many studies about how much nicotine is released into the surroundings from vaping, so you might be careful of how much nicotine you may or may not be exposing the Christmas baby to, or even other people who may be highly sensitive to nicotine. :closedeyes:

Hopefully I'll be at extremely low nicotine even when I need nicotine by then (I'm sure I'll need it not being home but 3 years ago vaping at the same house for SuperBowl 4mg was fine and that was only after a month of vaping).
I was mostly worried about people's perceptions of it being smoke or not being tested, especially the mother who freaked last Christmas when I suggested she rinse and spit to taste a Mead I had made.
Now I'm armed with the fact that it's VG and food grade flavors being vaporized vs petroleum candles, non-food grade scents and a whole slew of chemicals that go along with burning petroleum. That coupled with a scent that isn't objectionable and not blowing out clouds of "nicotine" I can tell them they're crazier than I am and offer a Xanax.

I'm not one to hover over a baby at any time so there's no danger of me exhaling directly on a baby. But if that was brought up it would be a hard argument to make given that my siblings and I were raised by a chain smoking mother with none of these modern "second hand smoke diseases".

Last edited:

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
My pomagranite (sp?) liquid has a very strong aroma. It's not a bad smell at all, just very strong. It smells just like the liquid tastes, which is sweet, fruity, and delicious lol. Coffee flavors, I've noticed tend to smell a lot too, but again, it's not a bad smell.

I don't think anyone who's doesn't find light air freshener offensive, should find eliquid smell offensive.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I don't know about that. My girlfriend absolutely hates the smell of some of my juices . . . I don't vape those anymore since she won't allow them in the house. In her defense, a few of those have smelled ridiculously strong, more so than any air freshener I've experienced. Fortunately there have only been a few of those

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread