Smok AL85 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanta

Apr 22, 2018
Hello,
This morning my smok al85 just stopped working and i cant figure out why so i'm hoping someone here can help me understand the problem.
The fire button just does nothing. There is power, the schreen works and it recharges normally.
When i press the fire button it even displays the voltage change andf how long it has been firing, but still nothing hapens.
The kit is about 9 months old and i ordered it online so i probably dont havea warranty.
Thank you in advance to anyone who knows more :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, it's an Alien, so it could be anything. It's generally not recommended to keep vaping cracked tanks. I kind of doubt it has anything to do with the issue, unless it has become so cracked that your tank isn't sealing right, and etc. It could equally be something mechanical inside the mod. Since it's out of warranty you have nothing to lose by taking look really (or alternately, someone mechanically or vaping minded, if you can find them-- maybe a good vape shop or whatnot, if there is one near you.)

If you plan on continue to use the tank though, replace the glass as you are buying a new mod (if you wind up needing one).

I guess this is also a good time to point out most successful vapers have at least one backup setup (even if very inexpensive) for times like these.

Best of luck and welcome to ECF.

Anna

• Love
Reactions: Baditude

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello,
This morning my Smok AL85 just stopped working and i cant figure out why so i'm hoping someone here can help me understand the problem.
The fire button just does nothing. There is power, the schreen works and it recharges normally.
When i press the fire button it even displays the voltage change andf how long it has been firing, but still nothing hapens.
The kit is about 9 months old and i ordered it online so i probably dont havea warranty.
Thank you in advance to anyone who knows more :)
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might try what has been suggested. A through cleaning may help.
Could contact:
local B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.
Definitely worth a look at:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/the-ecf-troubleshooting-guide-revision-3.31787/
My guess: the switch mounted on the printed circuit board/PCA is gone and needs to be replaced. A vape shop may have this expertise.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread