Smok Alien 220 Taste issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex T.

Sep 22, 2017
Ok so I've been vaping for over 3 years now and had this vape for almost a year. Lately none of my coils seem to work properly longer than a day. I never really vape at high wattage but have been trying to vape in the best range listed on each coil. Currently vaping on the baby t8 V8 on 30watts...after a few puffs it tastes burnt. Any ideas because when I've tried the suggested wattage it tastes even worse?

Reactions: stols001

Alex T.

Sep 22, 2017
Hhhmmm... Interesting. Have you changed anything? New juice, whatever? Could be you just got a bad box of coils, too. This does happen. Welcome to the board.
Thanks...yea I've tried numerous coils lately trying to find the best flavor/cloud combo. Like the 4 hole coil I'm using now best as far as flavor but can't seem to get a good puff more than 3 times consecutively.

Reactions: stols001

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
No idea if you tried that but tip i've suggested alot now is : Take a small sewing needle and poke a hole on top and bottom of each juiceflow holes on the coils themselves,that burnt taste you experience i've found was 9/10 times from coils not wicking properly. Doing this little trick seemed to help for the little i used smok's coils.

Alex T.

Sep 22, 2017
No idea if you tried that but tip i've suggested alot now is : Take a small sewing needle and poke a hole on top and bottom of each juiceflow holes on the coils themselves,that burnt taste you experience i've found was 9/10 times from coils not wicking properly. Doing this little trick seemed to help for the little i used smok's coils.
Cool! THANKS I will try that!

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia

Lol, was going to say the same.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
That sounds like an airflow problem, though @QcVaper is probably onto something, too.

Check to make sure you haven't accidentally closed the vents on the tank. It's not hard to do--the Baby Beast can be a first class PITA to open for coil changing.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Ok so I've been vaping for over 3 years now and had this vape for almost a year. Lately none of my coils seem to work properly longer than a day. I never really vape at high wattage but have been trying to vape in the best range listed on each coil. Currently vaping on the baby t8 V8 on 30watts...after a few puffs it tastes burnt. Any ideas because when I've tried the suggested wattage it tastes even worse?
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below may solve your problem and then some.
Might like to read:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread