The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SMOK Alien 220w issues

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by jessnewvape, Feb 9, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jessnewvape

jessnewvape New Member

Feb 9, 2018
    so i have loved my mod ever since i bought it about 6 months ago. however i have been having problems with it recently. i charged my batteries overnight and then put them in my mod and it is unresponsive. so i went to a nearby vape store and got a new set of batteries because i was desperate and in a rush. the new batteries work fine but the other set does not. i went back to the vape store for asistance and the guy put the batteries that do not work into his mod and they worked fine and the mod started up immediately. i really can not afford a new mod or to keep buying batteries. please help!!

2. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    If the new batteries got just bought are working, why not just stick with them and use the mod with those instead of the older ones?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jessnewvape

jessnewvape New Member

Feb 9, 2018
    i plan on just using the new ones but i’m more concerned with the mod and why it is only recognizing the one set

• Like Like x 1
  4. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Well... I'm afraid if I answer that I'd get a warning because of foul language.
    I'd start to look/save for a backup mod, if you don't have much money china might be an option, there's pretty good ones around 40$ (eg smoant charon).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    From what you describe, it seems that your Smok Alien is no longer recognizing your old batteries, for whatever reason. :blink: They work fine in a different mod, but not in yours.

What are the older batteries, and what are the newer batteries? Are some button top and some flat top batteries? Is there a difference in the length of the new batteries vs old batteries?

May want to clean the battery contacts in the Smok Alien, and also the positive/negative ends of the old batteries in case their is some microscopic carbon deposits. Use some rubbing alcohol on a Qtip. Make sure the alcohol is gone before using them again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. jessnewvape

jessnewvape New Member

Feb 9, 2018
    the older and newer batteries are both the green samsung’s i believe? it sounds right but i could be totally wrong. they are the same exact batteries. i’ve been using the “old” set for around 3/4 months.

i will try cleaning them!

• Like Like x 1
  7. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Cleaning the cells is a good idea. Sounds to me like something isn't making contact. Welcome to the board.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Senior Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Make sure your battery wrapper is still intact. A slight tear on the end could interfere with connection

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BrotherBob

BrotherBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    I have provided a little more information which might help choosing/evaluating batteries.
    Might like to read:
    18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
    Index | E-Cigarette Forum
    Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
    http://ecigarettereviewed.com/e-cig-charging-safety
    Vaping 101: Battery Safety
    7 Best Practices to Keep Your Charge

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I too would clean your battery area, etc. It may be (depending on how old the cells are) that the Smok Alien isn't recognizing them because they have become too degraded. Why your other mod is recognizing them may be because it's a lower wattage mod, or just has different safety features, possibly. It could also be an issue of cleaning the contacts and yes check carefully for tears because if you have one that one mod is stopping, but the other one isn't, you really, really do not want to use them in your other mod in case one day, the problem becomes more severe.

How old are your batteries and what is the mod that you were using them in?

Best of luck,

Anna

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.