smok alien, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanerandy66

Nov 21, 2017
My smok alien is less than a month old and a few days ago I put new juice in the tank and when I went to use it the screen turned off, I could still vape so I thought it was in stealth mode. The screen wouldn’t turn on when I tried taking it out of stealth mode so I knew there was something wrong. When I got home I plugged In my vape and the screen turned on but it was flickering and weak. I tried plugging it into my computer to see if I could update it and the battery’s started to sizzle so I took them out and they were extremely hot for 5m. I’m using LG 3.7v 3000mah brown 18650 battery’s. what happened?

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Welcome to ECF and sorry to hear you are having a problem.

Sounds like it may be more of a battery problem. Are the batteries LG HG2 chocolate, new, authentic (where did you buy them), married, charged external or in the mod (if in mod, do you rotate them each charge and do you charge via computer), and are the wraps still good?

Other then the batteries, has the mod been dropped or has juice leaked into it?

If all that is not the issue, take it back to the shop (or any shop) or contact the vendor for assistance.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Your batteries are probably toast if they got (and stayed) hot. And from the symptoms you describe, it sounds like some liquid or blunt force damage to the internals of the device. I sure wouldn't risk putting another pair of batteries in it. Can you contact the seller and see about a replacement?

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
I've had a similar problem with 2 version b aliens . I have had the one I have now for 5 months and this one is a version a. The first one I had lasted a week and the second one 11 weeks. The shop I bought from replaced them twice with no problems. I suggest you take it back to where you purchased it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, I wouldn't use that mod or those batteries again, I would go for a warranty as what happened sounds kind of irretrievably not good. If it's going to take time to replace the mod, I might suggest getting a backup mod at this time, in case something like this happens again.

Welcome to ECF, by the way.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
My smok alien is less than a month old and a few days ago I put new juice in the tank and when I went to use it the screen turned off, I could still vape so I thought it was in stealth mode. The screen wouldn’t turn on when I tried taking it out of stealth mode so I knew there was something wrong. When I got home I plugged In my vape and the screen turned on but it was flickering and weak. I tried plugging it into my computer to see if I could update it and the battery’s started to sizzle so I took them out and they were extremely hot for 5m. I’m using LG 3.7v 3000mah brown 18650 battery’s. what happened?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could contact:
email: support@smoktech.com
ECF Smok dealer: VapeSourcing
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/verashu.262193/#profile-post-71627

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK

Smok recommend you remove the batterys before attempting to perform an update, maybe this caused them(batterys), to fry.

Alien and Osub Plus Firmware Upgrade Guide--SMOK® Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience!

The screen thing sounds like a different problem, maybe e-liquid but to be honest I've heard of other aliens doing exactly the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread