Smok epipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
Time for more pictures! Here is mine with a smok DCT mini tank, and a new drip tip.
photo.jpg

gayhalo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Ross-on-Wye UK
Update on my extension and kick project. My batteries are 36.9 mm long. I have ordered flat tops that are 34.6 mm long. I recon this will fix the length problem. I have scrapped plans to get the kick in the bottom of the battery holder. It would be too dangerous to get the negative down to the kick with the whole case positive. So it will be under the button. This means that it will have to be removed to change the watts. There is still a problem of getting the negative up to the kick not dangerous as the whole pipe will be negative. Last problem is that the kick replicates a button top battery and that will not work in the e pipe (fires all the time). The top contact of the kick needs to replicate a flat top. I may need to solder a wider piece of copper on the top.

gayhalo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Ross-on-Wye UK
Vape mail arrived. First the flat top unprotected 18350 batteries are the right length to fit the kick in with one extension. The slot in the plastic liner is wide enough and the plastic is thin enough for the negative pin to touch the case. I cut a piece of thick aluminium foil to go in the battery compartment first as the button on top if the kick made permenant contact with the switch. So aluminium disk then kick next. I put the kick slightly in then rotated it until the little ball clicked into the groove in the plastic liner. Next battery plus end first, then the extension and finally the original screw base. It works. I will return here when I have had a chance to play for a while and try out different settings.

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Fair warning:

Last night my button got stuck. Only had this Mech for 2 weeks. Fast thinking and hands saved it from completely running away, but it burned than battery very, very fast. Stay safe, I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem, just make sure you are careful since you cannot put a kick or a fuse in this mod.

gayhalo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Ross-on-Wye UK
Ok Here are pics of the E Pipe with extension and kick

IMG_0251.jpg
IMG_0254.jpg

I would like to point out one tiny problem with the setup. The battery, kick and disk are still a tiny bit too long so I do not tighten the end cap completely. Well that's not true it goes tight before it is screwed right in.... about half a turn. Not a problem to me but I thought you ought to know if you are attempting it. It may be that a different battery may be a tiny bit shorter.

Last edited:

_Lee

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
FLA
From the site

Vision E-Kross Variable Voltage E-Pipe

The new Xfire E-Kross uses the popular Vision Spinner V/V PCB Board and comes in a 304 grade polished stainless steel. It is a variable voltage device adjustable from 3.2-4.8 volts that is very simple to use requiring little knowledge to operate. The dial to change the voltage is very similar to standard Vision Spinner batteries. The E-Kross comes complete with a stainless steel/glass infused bottom coil 2.5ml tank that can take the same exact coils that come in the Kanger Protank 1,2,3/Evod as well as the Smoktech RBC/Tumbler coils. The E-Kross tank comes with a 1.8ohm coil installed and the stainless steel drip tip is not removable on this particular tank. The E-Kross comes with a 18350 tube and a 18650 size extension tube so you can change to your liking. There is a 18350 trustfire battery and full instruction manual included in the box. This device comes fully ready to use right out of the box only requiring a (separately sold) battery charger of your choice.

Peppie

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
Bonney Lake Wa, US of A
From the site

Vision E-Kross Variable Voltage E-Pipe

The new Xfire E-Kross uses the popular Vision Spinner V/V PCB Board and comes in a 304 grade polished stainless steel. It is a variable voltage device adjustable from 3.2-4.8 volts that is very simple to use requiring little knowledge to operate. The dial to change the voltage is very similar to standard Vision Spinner batteries. The E-Kross comes complete with a stainless steel/glass infused bottom coil 2.5ml tank that can take the same exact coils that come in the Kanger Protank 1,2,3/Evod as well as the Smoktech RBC/Tumbler coils. The E-Kross tank comes with a 1.8ohm coil installed and the stainless steel drip tip is not removable on this particular tank. The E-Kross comes with a 18350 tube and a 18650 size extension tube so you can change to your liking. There is a 18350 trustfire battery and full instruction manual included in the box. This device comes fully ready to use right out of the box only requiring a (separately sold) battery charger of your choice.

Doesnt mention anything about a 510 connector. only refers to their tank.

DelboyinDorset

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Dorset - UK
I have had the gold plated FT Smok clone e-pipe and it has held up extremely well with a month of continual use, dropping etc.

The only niggle I had was the weak button spring but I sourced an old torch cap spring which went round the pin of the button and its been fine ever since.

I do love the look of the Kross but what I am waiting for is the Kamry K1000, which in vivid anodised colours like the purple just looks the dogs danglies imho, trying to wangle Kamry into letting me order a couple pre-release samples as the green and blue look just as cool as the purple and I just prefer the position of a pipe to be honest :)

Fullknight

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2012
Oklahoma
Are you happy with the silencer? I saw that a few weeks ago, but wasn't sure about it.

I just got the pipe today. The silencer should be here tomorrow. I put 2 extension pieces on it and a MNKE 18650mah and ARO Pyrex tank with a 510 to ego w/well and works great. Sorry,I will post again when I get the Silencer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread