Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    smok Fetch Mini 40W Acrylic Version

1.jpg

The kit comes in a fairly large white cardboard box with a picture of the kit on the front, while on the back we find a good amount of information on the kit and the company. In the package we find the Fetch Mini device with a cartridge already installed and a spare, a 0.4ohm RPM coil, a normal 0.6ohm DC North coil, a micro USB cable, a user manual and a warranty card . It is not very common to have two cartridges in a kit, but there is a reason I will explain below.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Package Contents:
    1 x Fetch Mini device
    1 x Mini RPM Fetch Cartridge (3.7 ml)
    1 x Mini North Fetch Cartridge (3.7 ml)
    1 x MPM coil RPM 0.4ohm
    1 x Coil Nord Regular DC 0.6ohm
    1 x Micro USB cable
    1 x User manual

4.jpg

5.jpg

Features and specifications:
    Dimensions: 76 x 42.8 x 18.4 mm
    Weight: 105g
    Standby current: <140uA
    Liquid capacity: 3.7ml
    Input voltage: 3.3-4.2V
    Battery capacity: 1200mAh
    Output voltage: 0.5-4.1V
    Output power: 5-40W
    Charge voltage: 5V
    Charge current: 1.2A
    Charger output: 5V / 2A
    Resistance range: 0.3-2.5Ohm
    Overload voltage: 4.3V
    Voltage overload: 2.4V
    Reaction time to fire: 0.001s

6.jpg

The introduction of the RPM-Coil took place with the release of the other mod of the Smok house (the RPM40 kit), compared to the classic Nord-Coil the Coil RPM considerably increase the duration and the performances, the RPM-Coils are in fact significantly larger and come with a specific cartridge with a larger hole for their housing.
    Here we can see the differences between the two RPM and Nord cartridges, the first (RPM) is distinguishable by the Red refill instead of Black cap.

7.jpg

The Nord-coil supplied with its cartridge in this kit is the North Regular 0.6ohm with best at 20W and is compatible with many other Smok devices, there are currently 4 versions of Nord coil.

The 0.4Ohm RPM-coil Mesh is the one supplied in this kit and has a best indicated by Smok of 25W, the other 5 can be purchased separately, as well as the very interesting RBA for those who want to regenerate their own coils.

8.jpg

Here we can see the refill hole once the tongue (red) is raised * note the 2 magnets placed on the sides with respect to the tongue.

9.jpg

This image shows the location of the cartridges on the Fetch Mini and the two gold-plated contact pins.

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Here the entry of the two Air-Flow of our Fetch Mini is shown, during the vaping to have a narrower shot it is possible and intuitive to throttle the frontal one simply with a finger.

11.jpg

The bottom of the Fetch Mini is equipped with safety vents for the internal 1.200mAh battery.

12.jpg

How the Fetch Mini works:

13.JPG

Using the Fetch Mini is really simple and intuitive, with 5 clicks on the fire button we switch the device on / off, with the up and down buttons we select the wattage from 1 up to 40w with an increase / decrease of 1 watt at a time, pressing them together can block wattage (but we can vaping anyway) to unlock it again: up and down pressed together; to completely lock the device including the fire button (we will not be able to vape) 3 quick clicks on the fire button, to unlock it again 3 quick clicks, to clear the puffs just press together key down and fire key, to change the color of the display just press together up button and fire button (there are 6 color choices).

The 0.96-inch color display is also more beautiful and readable than that of many Big Batteries on the market, in addition to the indication of the Watts it includes the reading of the ohms, of the volts and of the number of puffs, besides the battery symbol there very clearly indicates the remaining charge.

14.jpg

The Micro USB socket is located under the up and down keys.
    An average of 55 minutes is required to completely recharge the 1,200mah battery.

15.jpg

The Fetch Mini in this new version is available with an acrylic surface, the previous version had a glass surface, both have 5 colors, this one is the Acrylic version with Fluid Blue coloring.

16.jpg

For the purchase of the Fetch Mini, Smok offers an extension on the 1 Month warranty.

17.jpg

A very nice accessory, very well done and quite useful is the leather case with both strap and "necklace" to have two different types of portability.

18.jpg

19.jpg

Conclusions
    The Fetch Mini I think is one of the most aesthetically beautiful and successful pod systems I've ever had, both sides of the device have a glossy acrylic panel with 'Fetch Designed By Smok' engraved on it, on the "bridge" there is a square and beveled fire button on the sides, a bright and colorful 0.96 "color screen that offers easy reading, the rocker style adjustment buttons are also beautiful, snappy and free of annoying noises, the micro USB port has a 5 V / 1.2 A speed and allows to recharge the internal 1200 mAh battery usually in less than an hour, on the bottom of the mod the small vent holes for the integrated battery are part of the safety department together with the numerous functions integrated that the Fetch Mini has.

Based solely on appearance, I would say that Fetch Mini certainly stands out among the crowd and although it has some interesting oddities, overall I found it to be a pretty solid device. I have not encountered problems with leaks or accumulations of condensate as both air intakes are on the outside. The acrylic coating (at least my color) leaves no trace of fingerprints, and is one of the most polished and clean devices I have.

Vaping and holding the Fetch Mini between the fingers is not difficult to involuntarily occlude the front slot for air flow, but this is not a big problem since there is a second slot in the upper part, it can also be an advantage if you intentionally wants a more closed Mtl shot.

With both the Coils supplied and both air-flows open, this kit proves to be mainly intended for the flavor / lung vape, unless you try some of the optional MTL-specific coils (North or RPM) that should offer a little more contrast in the shot.

The two Coils supplied are quite different: one is the RPM at 0.4 ohm mesh, the other is a 0.6 DC North DC, with the Mesh (which I also appreciated on RPM 40Kit) the taste is fantastic and obviously the volume of the clouds is what you expect from a mesh of this size, the recommended power to set is 25 W even if it seems to handle well powers of 30W and beyond without accusing.

The 0.6ohm Nord DC has a recommended use of 20W and to be a smaller, non-meshed resistance it works almost as well. The taste is good but it is not so defined as with the mesh, at 20w the quantity of steam emitted is in any case of all respect. It has a slightly higher contrast but is still a very open type of flavor / mtl shot.

20.jpg

Pro:

- Compact
    - Build quality
    - Aesthetics
    - Comes with two cartridges
    - Supports two types of coils with different dimensions
    - 1200 mAh battery with reasonable autonomy
    - Ease of use
    - The acrylic panels are very shiny and remain clean
    - Excellent yield of the Coil to Mesh supplied

Versus:

- Drip tip owner
    - The reading of the coil is not always accurate

I thank Smok for sending Fetch Mini free of charge: FETCH MINI - SMOK® | Innovation Keeps Changing the Vaping Experience

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread