Smok g-priv 2 turning off after pressing trigger issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozm8ey

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
melboune,australia
Hello I have had this smok g-priv 2 mod for ages now. Now for some reason when I press the trigger button while a tank is on the mod just shuts itself down. I have tried cleaning the 510 connector, tried using 3 different tanks, charging the batteries, etc still no luck. It started happening all of a sudden after I refilled the tank. I can click the trigger while no tank is in and no issues but if a tank in connected is shuts itself down. Any ideas?

Here is a video:

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Since you've had it for a while there's a good chance it just died. Board crapped out or something. You already tried all the obvious stuff. They all die in the end, even really good gear like Provaris can die. From where you are now I wouldn't put a lot more effort into it. Did you check the battery connectors? Maybe it can handle a little power going to the screen but not a bigger load going to the coil. A shaky connection somewhere could do that. But it could be a connection right on the control board which you couldn't do anything about.

• Agree

ozm8ey

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
melboune,australia
To fix it take out the batteries and remove the atomizer. Put it on a solid surface. Take a 5lb hammer and hit it real hard 3 times. Then buy a good mod the is NOT made by Smok.

Well maybe you've had bad experiences with smok but from my experience, they're the most reliable. Yes, except now, but its possibly my fault. I have literally had it for years with no issues.

• Optimistic

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Well maybe you've had bad experiences with smok but from my experience, they're the most reliable. Yes, except now, but its possibly my fault. I have literally had it for years with no issues.
That must be the only mod you've ever owned and you must not vape very much. Smok is garbage. Get something good and you'll see the difference.

ozm8ey

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
melboune,australia
That must be the only mod you've ever owned and you must not vape very much. Smok is garbage. Get something good and you'll see the difference.
I've tried Vapor, vultr, voodoo and e-leaf all screwed up after just a couple of months. My dad who is an electronic back when it was a profession said they all have cheap low quality parts. idk about smok though not gonna open it up yet.

• Optimistic

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I've tried Vapor, vultr, voodoo and e-leaf all screwed up after just a couple of months. My dad who is an electronic back when it was a profession said they all have cheap low quality parts. idk about smok though not gonna open it up yet.
Your dad is right about the cheap parts. They all have cheap parts. Their made in China. You can't expect too much. Good luck on whatever you decide to get next.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Some people just do well with certain manufacturers. I mean, it's like a "thing." I would just get another smok mod if you like them so much. I am not gonna try to talk you out of it or anything, if it is your bag of chips.

I am GOING to recommend that you NOT "open it up to poke around" though. Like you said, they are cheap. Buy something new.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread