Smok GX350 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

True2myself365

May 5, 2014
USA
I've seen a lot of Hype about the new smok GX350. I've even picked one up for myself. I haven't seen anyone post any issues as of yet. My only concern is I have the purple mod kit and am wondering how it will hold up cosmetically with the matte paint finish. If anyone runs into any issues please update. As mentioned I'm currently not experiencing anything with the device itself, but I did have leaking with the TFV8 tank that came included but nothing I couldn't resolve. What annoyances do you have would also be cool to know.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
I've seen a lot of Hype about the new Smok GX350. I've even picked one up for myself. I haven't seen anyone post any issues as of yet. My only concern is I have the purple mod kit and am wondering how it will hold up cosmetically with the matte paint finish. If anyone runs into any issues please update. As mentioned I'm currently not experiencing anything with the device itself, but I did have leaking with the TFV8 tank that came included but nothing I couldn't resolve. What annoyances do you have would also be cool to know.
My experience with Smok's paint jobs..... it doesnt hold up to pocketing.... and holding in hand...eventually it chips just like when anodized metals eventually wear off. If it isnt Brushed/polished SS i wont get the mod anymore :D

JimboHD2005

Apr 14, 2017
My gx350 mod worked perfectly for exactly one month. Yesterday went to take a vape and somehow the wattage increased all the way up to 350 watts while it was sitting on a table. I brought the watts down to 80 then a minute or so later it started automatically ramping up the watts again to 350. Keeps happening and can't seem to find a fix. Mod has never been dropped. Worked perfect one minute than this happened. $60 dollar paper weight at this point.

Anyone have any solutions on a fix? I've seen this issue also in another forum so it has happened to others.

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
I've had mine for about 3 weeks. The paint is starting to chip a little, I'm currently looking for a wrap for it, that's what has kept my Alien from chipping. Other than that, the only thing I don't really like about it is the battery door. It's hard to get closed, and open if there's batteries in it. The door also makes the back battery a little pain to remove for charging. Other than that, no real problems.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
2 months and the black finish where my Fingers press has worn off. Very Ugly, this is my last Smok Product. I didn't drop or abuse it in any manner that would have caused this.

I've never had anything like this happen before. Yes I've had APV damaged by drops but not through just regular use.

Just used it every day. I'm going to try to return for warranty to MadVapes but I'm pretty sure they will accuse me of abuse.
gx350_yuck.JPG

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I've had mine for about 3 weeks. The paint is starting to chip a little, I'm currently looking for a wrap for it, that's what has kept my Alien from chipping. Other than that, the only thing I don't really like about it is the battery door. It's hard to get closed, and open if there's batteries in it. The door also makes the back battery a little pain to remove for charging. Other than that, no real problems.
My door was so stuck that I had to use pliers and bend the latch. Fixed problem but I scratched the cheap paint in the process.

CoreyDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham, UK
Had my GX for since release. Managed to get one of the first in the country.

The finish was terrible straight out the box. Paint (Black & Red version) was that thin could see the base material through the battery door. The red paint is just awful on every section on the mod. The plastic carbon insert wasn't even fitted correctly. I suspect it may be a preproduction version.

I bought a wrap for it immediately to cover the awful paint.

Apart from the finish, it's been a great mod and with the wrap looks 100 times better. Never let me down once, phenomenal power and battery life.

To the person having issues with wattage raising randomly, have you checked the top button isn't sticking? If you get liquid in there, can cause this issue.

JimboHD2005

Apr 14, 2017
Had my GX for since release. Managed to get one of the first in the country.

The finish was terrible straight out the box. Paint (Black & Red version) was that thin could see the base material through the battery door. The red paint is just awful on every section on the mod. The plastic carbon insert wasn't even fitted correctly. I suspect it may be a preproduction version.

I bought a wrap for it immediately to cover the awful paint.

Apart from the finish, it's been a great mod and with the wrap looks 100 times better. Never let me down once, phenomenal power and battery life.

To the person having issues with wattage raising randomly, have you checked the top button isn't sticking? If you get liquid in there, can cause this issue.

I did check and I can hear a definite "click" when I use the up down buttons. I took some lightly compressed air to all areas of the mod with no luck. Now I'm starting having issues where he device menu rotates through the menu options and I cant get it to fire at all.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I did check and I can hear a definite "click" when I use the up down buttons. I took some lightly compressed air to all areas of the mod with no luck. Now I'm starting having issues where he device menu rotates through the menu options and I cant get it to fire at all.
It really sounds like either a defective chip or connection. Possibly you have moisture inside of the unit , whether from juice or other exposure to moisture.

If I were you, as a last resort, I'd pop the APV in a Bag of rice for 2 days and dry it out.If that doesn't work than the warranty is 3 months, check if you are inside the window.

JimboHD2005

Apr 14, 2017
It really sounds like either a defective chip or connection. Possibly you have moisture inside of the unit , whether from juice or other exposure to moisture.

If I were you, as a last resort, I'd pop the APV in a Bag of rice for 2 days and dry it out.If that doesn't work than the warranty is 3 months, check if you are inside the window.

Good plan, will do thanks! I'll try the rice idea and let you know if that works. Bought on 3/14 so good to know it's still within the warranty.

Reactions: niczgreat

JimboHD2005

Apr 14, 2017
Keep us updated. I had the same issue wattage would go down by itself as if the minus button was triggered....
Well, no success with the rice. Mod was bone dry and when I started it up I had the same issues as before. Bummer as the mod was working perfect for a month and then was suddenly possessed with a mind of its own.

True2myself365

May 5, 2014
USA
I've seen a lot of Hype about the new Smok GX350. I've even picked one up for myself. I haven't seen anyone post any issues as of yet. My only concern is I have the purple mod kit and am wondering how it will hold up cosmetically with the matte paint finish. If anyone runs into any issues please update. As mentioned I'm currently not experiencing anything with the device itself, but I did have leaking with the TFV8 tank that came included but nothing I couldn't resolve. What annoyances do you have would also be cool to know.

True2myself365

May 5, 2014
USA
Ok So here's an update. It's now April 27... and two months later... I'm now having issues with the battery door and connectivity issues. I haven't dropped it or been rough with it in transport etc. I believe the routine activity of change my batteries out when they're low has now affected the contact with batteries. I now have to hold the door to get any type of connection on the LED SCREEN. And if I don't hold it just right it says battery check and won't begin its power logo sequence. When I do get a connection I still go through all the screens, new coil prompt etc. however now sparks are shooting out from the bottom? I won't even begin to go into my frustrations with the tfv8 leaking issues. As I have other rba's, but to be down a mod due to required actions of changing out batteries is absurd to me. Other than that my mod still looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread