Smok Mag P3 Won't Turn On or Misfires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
East Coast
youtu.be
Hey everyone. I've been vaping for over a decade and this is just annoying as hell. I've had this mod for about six months and it will fire on it's own for 10s which causes it to shut down....OR.....sometimes it just won't even turn on. I've got batteries....a duel charger...I clean it...blah blah...any ideas of how to fix this issue would be welcome!

• Optimistic
Reactions: smacuser

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    The problem is that it is a Smok, who aren't known for their quality control. I went through 3 Smok Mag 225w in about 18 months and with all 3 of them, the switch became difficult to turn on until finally they just wouldn't turn on at all. It sounds like you might be having a similar issue. Was your problem gradual or all of the sudden? I believe that the mod is history unless you have the capability to repair the switch. You might try contacting customer service at Smok and see if they can help you. In the future, I'd stay away from smok products.

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
    East Coast
    youtu.be
    ok ---I have to do everything by mail....so please read and see if you can help me. I have all the tools needed to fix this thing....which supposedly isn't broken. Six month old Smok Mag P3....randomly fires on it's own to 10s shut down...when I'm not in the room even (ghosty--and I can't grab and click 3x's to stop it from shut down). While priming the AI in it takes control and epically fires it without me touching the button or after I've removed my finger after 1.8 seconds on average. Current issue is that it won't turn on...this has happened before....with this unit. I go through the whole cleaning, changing atomizers, plugging into usb blah blah....Some fellow vaper please tell me what I can do to fix this thing. Any tips/tricks would be great...it's probably the mod itself. GRRRR....I have enough trouble in this state with this crap. On my new lease (been here 12 years) it states that no smoking/vaping is allowed INSIDE or ANYWHERE on the property LULZY!!!!! Big Tobacco can go to hell.....I'm sure they're neck deep as it is....but then they are owed a lot of money because govs were too greedy and wanted cash up front.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
    East Coast
    youtu.be
    :w00t: um....someone please respond.....and do let me know if I'm off the rails for trying this......seems completely logical to me. But then......lol:rickroll:

I made my own coils with this lovely little kit for a long time.....and while I did sleep for a couple hours....I awoke feeling a bit like a mad scientist. Pulled out my kit....stuck a battery in my coil master....screwed my tank on.....switched to fire....pressed button to ramp it up a bit....and WHAM...many successful hits so far. Let me know if somehow I'm poisoning myself....I'm not going this entire weekend without vaping man. NO.

Attachments

• vapekit.jpeg
      vapekit.jpeg
      28.5 KB · Views: 18
    • 521mini-V2-9.jpeg
      521mini-V2-9.jpeg
      404.1 KB · Views: 16

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
    East Coast
    youtu.be
    Hey all....hope you check out my mad scientist solution to dealing with a defective MAG P3. I had to sleep on it. Waiting for someone to tell me I've gone off the rails....or NOT. I used to make my own coils....took a nap...and awoke to visions of my handy coil tool kit.....and my coil master takes my batteries of course....so anyway. Without repeating myself....check out my solution. Let me know what you think. Death sentence or semi-genius?

Attachments

• sky4slavan.jpg
      sky4slavan.jpg
      50.8 KB · Views: 56

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
    East Coast
    youtu.be
    Welcome to ecf @Marianne Culbertson :thumbs:

Where did you buy your Smok?
    At my vape shop. Called them yesterday....been going there for years...my last Smok lasted 6+ years. I am physically disfunctional and drop things all the time...which is why I submitted to purchasing this jacked up mod. Used to make my own coils and all that but can't anymore. However, I did find a solution...it's either mad crazy or mad scientist....posted on it. :evil:

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
    East Coast
    youtu.be
    I'd just toss it and get a voopoo drag. Same price and a better mod.
    Heya...yeah... This was my reply to smacuser: My last Smok lasted 6+ years. I am physically disfunctional and drop things all the time...which is why I submitted to purchasing this jacked up mod. Used to make my own coils and all that but can't anymore. However, I did find a solution...it's either mad crazy or mad scientist....posted on it. :evil: Thanks for responding....Smok sucks and I'm fully aware of that lol. More of a need for an indestructible outer casing.

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
    East Coast
    youtu.be
    It you Google your issue you will see a lot of others experiencing the same or similar issues.
    Try reaching out to the seller, although it's been six months, hopefully they will try to help.
    I would also reach out to Smoktech
    Contact with SMOK Directly | SMOK® Official Site
    SMOK® | Innovation Keeps Changing the Vaping Experience

Try avoiding Smok products in the future there are much better options out there :)
    Yeah....trust me...I know about Smok....hopefully you can see my replies to others about why I needed to buy this stupid mod. :) Thanks for replying. Smok customer service is a waste of time. Not even going there.:toast:

Reactions: YoursTruli

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
    East Coast
    youtu.be
    I'd just toss it and get a voopoo drag. Same price and a better mod.
    yep.....I made my own coils for a long time....however, I'm not physically able to do so anymore....which is why I bought the "INDESTRUCTIBLE" smok lol ....I have the dropsies. What can I say....I found a part time solution which is either genius or LULZY in the worst way. Thank you for responding!

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
    East Coast
    youtu.be
    It you Google your issue you will see a lot of others experiencing the same or similar issues.
    Try reaching out to the seller, although it's been six months, hopefully they will try to help.
    I would also reach out to Smoktech
    Contact with SMOK Directly | SMOK® Official Site
    SMOK® | Innovation Keeps Changing the Vaping Experience

Try avoiding Smok products in the future there are much better options out there :)
    yus...I know. I had to buy the stupid thing for physical reasons....It's called.....um...DROPING EVERYTHING....all the time. Not even dealing with smok idiots on this issue. Looking around for something else...going to talk to my long time vape shop guys. Thanks for responding.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    yus...I know. I had to buy the stupid thing for physical reasons....It's called.....um...DROPING EVERYTHING....all the time. Not even dealing with smok idiots on this issue. Looking around for something else...going to talk to my long time vape shop guys. Thanks for responding.

I get the whole physical limitations thing as someone now with only function use of one hand, rebuilding is not a viable option in most cases. That said there are much better options out there with excellent quality and durability. Personally I like the Aspire Nautilus Prime X. It's a trusted quality brand, it has a quality build, hand friendly, ease of use, no leaking even if I leave it on its side or sitting for a while, external battery, lot of options such as RDTA, RBAs and 510 adapter, can use 2 different drop in coil types BP and Nautilus that are readily available in different ohms and reasonably priced, has survived many drops without a scratch plus no tank on top to mess up when dropped and I'm sure other members here can give you other recommendations to suit your situation/limitations :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread