Smok nord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiffnick 1977

Oct 14, 2019
Hi all did try and find else where in other threads so appoligies if im repeating or posting in the wrong place need a bit of advice before first charge on the smok nord pod system can anyone advise me on the correct power source to use for this device as only usb cable in the box do i use a standard usb plug or smaller output similar to that of the cube mini thanks nick

Swiffnick 1977

Oct 14, 2019
One of the reasons i questioned it was because i owned a cube mini bought from ecig wizard on purchase only the lead supplied as always following day returned the device as no power on fire after 2hr charge and was told by a rep not to use a standard usb plug , the cube was replaced and i was given for free the low output plug by the manager of the store normaly 4.99 and told i should have been told on purchase not to use any higher as cube mini known for chipset burnout on standard. So i didnt want to replica my events as the nord was also bought from there thanks for advice greatful will return to the shop again tomorrow and wait until then to be safe and probably purchase a new 1.0 plug if advised nord should last until tomorrow again thanks

Swiffnick 1977

Oct 14, 2019
So i got my new charge block from ecig wizard and a 5pk of mesh coils smok nord going strong after a long chat with the rep was informed that the rubber bung inside the tank can be removed with tweezers or baiting needle to increase the tanks capacity as the pods tank is cheap and replaceable i gave it a go and all is good great tip to increasce capacity by over 1ml did revision also and many say to fill about 80% of the tank as some have reported leaks present on a full tank

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
after a long chat with the rep was informed that the rubber bung inside the tank can be removed with tweezers or baiting needle to increase the tanks capacity as the pods tank is cheap and replaceable

I have looked and have no idea what piece you are talking about, can you diagram or describe? You're not talking about the black fill hole cover, right?

Swiffnick 1977

Oct 14, 2019
No its not the black flip plug it sits in the tank situated at the top hidden underneath the black mouth piece if u take out the pod turn upside down you should see a white piece of rubber its inside the tank the only way to remove it is when ur tank is empty and no coil inserted then u will see the bung even better if u need pic will show tomorrow but my bung is in the waste so can only show you the pod without the bung

Swiffnick 1977

Oct 14, 2019
No its not the black flip plug it sits in the tank situated at the top hidden underneath the black mouth piece if u take out the pod turn upside down you should see a white piece of rubber its inside the tank the only way to remove it is when ur tank is empty and no coil inserted then u will see the bung even better if u need pic will show tomorrow but my bung is in the waste so can only show you the pod without the bung

Attachments

• nsre0st4g0t21.jpg
    nsre0st4g0t21.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 134

Swiffnick 1977

Oct 14, 2019
Also found out that the common leak problem found with the nord spilling small drops of liquid on the 3 battery terminals is caused by trapped condensed vapor inbetween the inner casing of the mouth piece it seeps through the inner casing when vaping and has no where else to go im sure in time smok will fix the issue however there are many people removing the outer casing to fix and avoid this problem i think the outcome once the outer casing is removed makes the pod look cheap and ugly for me i will continue with the casing on the mouth piece as minimal liquid escaping atm no concearn for alarm so if anyone is worried and thinks there tank/pod is leaking this could be the reason behind it.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
@Swiffnick 1977

I guess my eyesight is just not good enough to "see" that inner bung enough to actually remove it. :( So I don't think I'll be very successful removing that.

BTW, I did take the outer mouthpiece (black) off one of my pods.........it really didn't do the trick. It just made the mouthpiece very much narrower and not as comfortable in my lips, and yes, it does look cheap with that clear plastic underlayment there.

I'ts okay, I mostly use the 1.0 ohm coils, and reserve that one for the 0.6 coils, so now at least I know which is which.

Swiffnick 1977

Oct 14, 2019
@Swiffnick 1977

I guess my eyesight is just not good enough to "see" that inner bung enough to actually remove it. :( So I don't think I'll be very successful removing that.

BTW, I did take the outer mouthpiece (black) off one of my pods.........it really didn't do the trick. It just made the mouthpiece very much narrower and not as comfortable in my lips, and yes, it does look cheap with that clear plastic underlayment there.

I'ts okay, I mostly use the 1.0 ohm coils, and reserve that one for the 0.6 coils, so now at least I know which is which.
Sorry to here that the mouth piece didnt fix your leak problem i can do a video on removing the bung if needed for u also found a site on ebay that sell the pods 3 x for around 7 uk pound genuine smok scratch they arrived this morning still no leak for me since removing outer casing obtained more pods to carry around with me for easy flavour change and to preserve the coil a bit longer not changing liquids every 5 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread