gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
SMOK made it?

Ouch :)

I have two Nords and get a little bit of seepage on occasion. Nothing that a q-tip, kleenex, or paper towel can't take care of. Seems a common problem with all of my pod mods (yes, even those NOT made by Smok :)) - juice seems to collect inside the compartment below the coil. I just wipe it out periodically.

If yours is actually leaking, then it may be a loose coil or pod.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Ouch :)

I have two Nords and get a little bit of seepage on occasion. Nothing that a q-tip, kleenex, or paper towel can't take care of. Seems a common problem with all of my pod mods (yes, even those NOT made by Smok :)) - juice seems to collect inside the compartment below the coil. I just wipe it out periodically.

If yours is actually leaking, then it may be a loose coil or pod.

i actually have this issue on pod, rta n squonk rda .... none of it from smok.

Reactions: gpjoe

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
My girlfriend and I both have the Smok Nord. Using same nic salt juice, but she is using the regular coil (I'm using the mesh). Hers is leaking from the bottom where the coil sits. Mine is fine. The pod isn't cracked or anything so I'm wondering if anyone can give advice or a reason why it might be leaking.

Welcome...:) I have three pods...the Voopoo Rota, the Vladdin and the Voopoo Finic Fish. I have'nt tried the Finic Fish yet :) .....review coming soon after testing :)

Both my Vladdin and my Rota have never leaked so imo any kind of liquid accumulation in the battery contacts is due to a fault. Whether its a severe or slight fault is a different matter.

Most leaking seems to come from the air intake which should be a non return valve so that air can only pass in one direction. Evidently some mods suffer from leak back through this port. This is impossible or difficult to fix.

The other possibility is that the pod has not been assembled tightly enough and may be leaking through one of the joints. I think somebody said earlier that the nord pods can be tightened so give that a try.

You can probably test an empty pod by blowing through it whilst gently holding it in a glass of water to see where any air bubbles are coming from. Dry it off well afterwards and don't immerse it completely :)

I hope this helps. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread