Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yes nd no. The irony is smok products have such a history of poor build quality that your device may actually last longer than an original smok device.

No you should not buy a new original smok device but I encourage you to buy just about anything else. Yes, they’re that bad.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I wouldn’t use it. Clone’s from other industries have been known to use questionable materials. Clone Matchbox toy cars made out of lead as an example. Not saying that is the case with this product but should something happen, who is responsible? I’d go back to the place in which you bought it from and tell them of your discovery. They may have a carton full of these and not even know they are fake. You may also want to contact Smok in the event there is something wrong with how they authenticate their products.

• Agree
Reactions: bombastinator

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Try your code again.
Many Smok codes can take a couple of tries or 0 appears to be an O, etc.

I personally have many Smok products and have yet to have one fail.
Are there better products out there for the same money? Absolutely.
Smok's quality control has suffered from the fact that they produce so many mods they can't seem to stay on top of it.
Smok produces so many products that even though the percentage of unit failure may be the same as other manufacturers, the number is much higher.
You also have to take into account that you're much more likely to hear from disgruntled customers as opposed to satisfied ones.

That being said, I would recommend many other manufacturers way before I recommend Smok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread