Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have done this and found 50w is ok but seems that the flavour goes really quick and the coils arent lasting long I did have the temp up abit too high but have dropped it to 440f
TC only works if you’re using the appropriate wire type. Looking about I’m having trouble finding what type of coil ships with your kit. They may or may not be compatible with Temperature Control

Just had to check for you Riksta, Vaporesso NRG GT core coils should work with your tank.

GT CCell (0.5 ohm) and GT CCell2 (0.3 ohm), are ceramic wicked Stainless Steel coils. The GT mesh isn't too shabby either and it's Stainless Steel as well.
Are you sure they will fit as I have made that mistake before haha

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yes these are the ones I'm using
Then Temperature settings won’t do a thing for you. You’ve got to work with wattage mode, or buy something like those coils @Mordacai mentioned.

Personally I find TC to be quite complicated and confusing. Every model of mod deals with it a little differently. I wound up spending twice what I would prefer to in order to get a DNA75c and a DNA250c mod just so I could use DNA’s replay mode and ignore the whole mess.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Ok but when I adjust the temp it changes the vape in flavour and cloud so if I need to only use watts the what do I do about temp
Well, it would. What you’ve done is activate a wattage profile which uses a sensor in the mod to measure resistance changes in the coil itself. The problem is the change in resistance vs. temperature for kanthal as it heats is nearly zero. It’s so small it basically can’t be measured by current equipment. There is a different profile for every type of metal. You’ve probably got it set for a different metal as kanthal shouldn’t have a profile at all.
The metals that work for TC are nickel (but not nichrome, not enough nickel), titanium, and stainless steel. Drop in cartridges work better with nickel and titanium than RDAs do because neither nickel nor titanium can be cleaned and rewicked without releasing poisonous chemicals. They’re single use coils. Once they’re dirty you have to throw them away. With a cartridge coil device you have no choice but to do that anyway, so the use of metals other than stainless is little problem. Except nickel, sort of. To make it more fun, something like 1/3rd of the American population is allergic to nickel.

Reactions: Mordacai
Well, it would. What you’ve done is activate a wattage profile which uses a sensor in the mod to measure resistance changes in the coil itself. The problem is the change in resistance vs. temperature for kanthal as it heats is nearly zero. It’s so small it basically can’t be measured by current equipment. There is a different profile for every type of metal. You’ve probably got it set for a different metal as kanthal shouldn’t have a profile at all.
The metals that work for TC are nickel (but not nichrome, not enough nickel), titanium, and stainless steel. Drop in cartridges work better with nickel and titanium than RDAs do because neither nickel nor titanium can be cleaned and rewicked without releasing poisonous chemicals. They’re single use coils. Once they’re dirty you have to throw them away. With a cartridge coil device you have no choice but to do that anyway, so the use of metals other than stainless is little problem. Except nickel, sort of. To make it more fun, something like 1/3rd of the American population is allergic to nickel.
I have always used these coils as they are the ones that came with and I havent changed from them at all

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have always used these coils as they are the ones that came with and I havent changed from them at all
Are you saying you’ve never used anything but t6 coils? Or you’ve never used anything but the two coils the atty came with? Coils only last so long and need to be replaced with new ones after they get too dirty to use.

Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
If you use a rebuildable and have issues with Nickel, SS430 alloy is Nickel free.

But as bombastinator has said, Kanthals TCR value is that low that most mods on the market will not read it. I think Ohmwrecker made one that could, but they stopped making mods.

But, yeah. Kanthal does Wattage and Voltage, no TC/TCR.

• Agree
Reactions: bombastinator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread