IMG_0105.jpg
    822.4 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's hard to tell for sure, but from your picture the top o-ring and top cap appear to be off center or cross threaded. Check that first. Any misplaced o-ring or misthreading of the base, top, or coil will cause the tank to leak or flood. The threading on these devices is so small that it can be easy to do.

These tanks have to be air/water tight to function correctly. If they are not assembled correctly they will leak.

asb0214Screw11.jpg

Example of cross threading

Last edited:
  • Useful

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE COIL INTO THE BASE. This deforms the o rings and casuses leaks. Finger tight is what you want. I had the same problem when i got my tfv12 king. I let the guy at the vape store put it in for me. It poured juice till i got home. I had to use visegrips to get the coil out. Put another one in myself and have had no other leaks. The tfv12 wasnt my first smok tank and i learned early on not to overtighten. I assumed the dude at the vape store knew what he was doing, and though he thought he was being helpful, he still cranked it in there good. The key with smok coils is to get it finger tight and no more.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
Hi Jim
I have only one going to get some in the morning the coil just seems a little loose at the bottom can’t think of anything else it could be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the coil feels loose at the bottom, that's probably where the leak is coming from, could be a coil defect, or the base of the tank is defective. Let us know if the new coil helps tomorrow.

• Agree

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
L.A.
Personally, I haven't had too much issue with this leaking. I'll get a bit after installing a new coil and priming it but, using the rag/tissue technique and blowing out anything trapped in the chamber between the air holes, it doesn't continue. Also, after a tank or two, sometimes you'll get spittle/juice/condensation build up in air inlet area, using the rag/tissue tech. fixes that too.

You might have a look at this videos

Smok TFV12 Prince Tank – Fix For Leaking

Also, this Reddit thread discusses this as well
Resolved leaking Smok tfv12 Prince tank • r/electronic_cigarette

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
L.A.
Another thing I've discovered about these Prince coils (this pertains to the Q4 & X6 mainly as the T10 holes are too small for a Q-tip) and, I think it may increase their life, is that after a few tankfuls, I started using a Q-tip to gently wipe off the built up gunk off the coil.
After doing this, I found that it really improves the flavor and removed any hint of 'burnt' taste. You can do this without having to take the tank apart or even take off drip tip. I just started doing this, I'll report back if I find it truly extends the life of the coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread