The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smok R-Stream Mini - Smok copies the VTC Mini

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by Btsmokincat, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Btsmokincat

Btsmokincat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2013
    Waterville ME
  2. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    It'll will be just like the VTC only it will break easily and it won't work properly.

• Like Like x 6
  3. ian91

ian91 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 14, 2013
    Westbank, BC Canada
    They are going to have to get the price down to compete with the VTC. At basically the same price, why would you take a chance on it over the VTC?

• Like Like x 2
  4. markcfh

markcfh Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2015
    grimcity
    That's hilarious! Probably why I don't own any smok stuff

• Like Like x 1
  5. ruet

ruet Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    GR, MI
    I wouldn't use another SMOK device if I got for free. Also, why are they advertising this as an 80w device. I thought the accepted limit with single-batt devices was 75w.

6. SavePaperVapor

SavePaperVapor Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota, USA
    So exactly like the vtc.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SavePaperVapor

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota, USA
    Anything over 40 watts is pretty much worthless on a single batt.

8. cobalt327

cobalt327 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2012
    USA
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rockwell222

Rockwell222 Super Member

Sep 21, 2015
    They are only 4 or so months late. And what's that equivalent to in vape time about 2 or 3 years. Lol

10. AnsonJames

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    Never had any problems with mine despite numerous drops.
    The VTC is a great mod in my opinion.

• Like Like x 4
  11. SavePaperVapor

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota, USA
    The chip has the accuracy of a 3 year old crayon drawing.

12. fenderstrat

fenderstrat Senior Member

Nov 28, 2015
    aston,pa
    this is what I love about vaping,for everyone that loves their mod there is someone thats had the exact opposite experience with the exact same mod....there are few other areas in life where an opinion means less than the vaping world :)

• Like Like x 5
  13. dleister1981

dleister1981 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2015
    Michigan USA
    Amen, i wont buy Smok crap after the xcube2 fail

• Like Like x 2
  14. dleister1981

dleister1981 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2015
    Michigan USA
    mine seems bang on, only thing better is teh DNA 200, mind you i mean the whole gang, VTC, Cuboid, Rx200, VF flasks, all of them are the same chip in a different config

• Like Like x 2
  15. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

[​IMG]

That has a horizontal screen.

[​IMG]

The evic vtc mini has a vertical screen; nice big comfortableontheeyes screen.

• Like Like x 3
  16. cobalt327

cobalt327 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2012
    USA
    I have a VTC Mini and a smok Treebox. The treestump is inaccurate in TC using 316L- I have to go in and drop the Initial Resistance setting by ~ 0.025 to get it to vape more or less normally. And it lacks the ability to do firmware upgrades or onboard charging (no USB) plus has no TCR presets. Not to mention the miniscule screen and larger enclosure. None of these things are an issue w/the VTC Mini- the Mini does everything I ask of it w/o drama.

• Like Like x 5
  17. AnsonJames

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    After seeing a good few tests and using the VTC, I respectfully disagree.
    The VTC is one of my backups, my main mod is the VT200 which has probably the most accurate chip there is - both work very nicely.

At the end of the day, if I can put an atty on a mod and get a good vape then it's doing it's job isn't it?
    I don't vape by "numbers" but even if that were the case, the VTC is actually pretty accurate when it comes to temp control.

• Like Like x 2
  18. brummyjon

brummyjon Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Birmingham, England
    It would appear that SMOK have really stepped up their game with the release of the R80 and the R200. Companies are allowed to improve their offering. Just as people are entitled to assume nee products are substandard just because previous ones have been.

Most people accept that 6 months is a long time in vaping. If a company learns from its mistakes, that is a good thing, right? It's not as though anyone would be in a queue to buy Joyetech's products from 3 years ago if they were offered for sale now. What if SMOK have caught up? What if this new mod is better than the vct mini? Time will tell.

As for the design, of course there are similarities. But how many different ways are there to configure the buttons and battery case on a tiny 18650 mod? The Kanger is also very similar.

People should just relax a little. You dont have to buy it if you don't want to. I just might.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ian91

ian91 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 14, 2013
    Westbank, BC Canada
    Take a look at the Pico. I guess there are a number of different ways to design a mod!!! I have no problem with them cloning it but I don't see buying a clone for the same price as the original when the original is a terrific mod.

20. brummyjon

brummyjon Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Birmingham, England
    Calling it a clone is a bit harsh. The placement of the 510 connector is dictated by space considerations. The fire button by ergonomic ones. Where else would you suggest a screen and two regulatory buttons should go?

The only thing you can really point at as having been copied from the vtc mini is the battery door. And that is also the same as the battery door on the subox mini.

I dont believe that Joyetech have a copyright on the use of a box shape.

Please note I did not say there are no other ways to design a small mod. I just said there were only so many ways. You cant convince me Smok could not have used a box shape on their own.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.