Smok Scar RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

omeletduefromage

Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
United States
OK so the other day i received the scar from smok. The original coil really sucked so i rebuilt it with ekowool and 30ga kanthal. Hit better but still sub par. Both coils equaled out to .8 ohm so i though to myself, i should be pumping out way more clouds. I noticed it was drawing really hot too. Like burning the back of my throat hot with little vapor for what a dual coil .8 should pull. I pulle dout my trusty drill and 1/16th drill bit and got to work. I drilled out the top cap and the base. The base is what feeds the two air ports under the coils. I didnt touch those because drilling out the base to the bottom chamber did the trick. A 1/16th hole barely fits between the two o-rings but if you have a drill press or a steady hand(my method) you can do it no problem. No more hard hits and plumes like a choo choo train. Just thought you guys would like the know.

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
I really love / hate Smok's design on their RDAs.. I had the original octopus. It put out some awesome vapor, but it leaked like a faucet. There's something to be said about air being drawn from under the coil instead of over it. I only enjoy A7s on my bottom feeders and as drippers. The side air hole stuff just sucks IMO... except for gennys, but that's a whole other ball game.

Now that you've drilled one atty, let the modding begin! I filled in the air holes on my octo with solder and drilled a hole higher in the cap. Vapes pretty good, but I tend to not use it much because the aluminum top cap turns my wicks green!! Not really interested in vaping that.

omeletduefromage

Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
United States
well lets just say this isnt my first modded rda or rba. I bought this thing on a whim because it was only 10 bucks and i was curious to try it out. hit week at first so i decided to play with it and if i went too big and destroyed it i woudlnt care because it was only 10 bucks. I have my trident and nimbus for usual rdas but i must say this thing hits nearly as good as those. Only thing i noticed is that the top cap is stainless and the base is chrome plated brass. The base was super easy to drill but i definitely had to use my press for the top cap. I was afraid i was going to snap the bit on my hand drill since the metal is so tough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread