Smok Stick V8 & Uwell Valyrian Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

thespawn078

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Honolulu, HI
www.facebook.com
Can someone please help me to find out if I can use a Uwell Valyrian tank on top of a Smok Stick V8? I have tried Googling it, searching on this site, and whatnot, but I can't get the answer I seek. I know that the Smok Stick V8 puts out between 35 to 45 watts, and that is dependent on how much battery life is left, and I also know that the Uwell Valyrian tank coils are recommended for 95 to 120 watts. I also know that the mod is capable of firing the .14ohm coils for the Smok TFV8 Baby Beast that comes in the kit, but that tank leaks and is unusuable. I have the Valyrian tank and the Smok Stick V8, but no coils currently to try it. I am hoping to get the answer I seek without investing more money into coils for a tank that I may not be able to really use. Sorry in advance if this thread goes against any rule or policy, and thanks in advance for any helpful answers that come my way!

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hmmm.. it will definitely fit but the question is how well would it work? Those 90w monster coils? Probably it for any length of time. Some smaller coils with more reasonable wattage requirements? Probably much better. The problem is the smokstick. It’s just not really powerful enough for that tank. Given a choice I would replace the smokstick given that it’s garbage in the first place but if it’s what you got it’s what you got.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@thespawn078 Nope. The Uwell Crown 3 coils:

The 0.25 ohm Crown 3 SUS316 Parallel Coils features a required wattage range of 80-90 watts.
The 0.5 ohm Crown 3 SUS316 coils features a wattage range of 70-80 watts.
The 0.4 ohm Crown 3 coil still uses the same SUS316 shell but uses an A1 Kanthal core for the wire.​

You will either have to get a more powerful (higher wattage) mod that has at least 100 watts power, or get a different tank whose coils require under 30 watts.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The only way to know for sure is to try it, honestly, and see what kind of vape quality, and how long your battery life is and etc.

I have to say though, the numbers are not in your favor, and I have always been a rather huge hater of fixed output mods, honestly. But only you can deicide although all my instincts are screaming, "Get a regulated mod that isn't made by Smok!" Etc.

Good luck with it,

Anna

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Smok tank leaks are almost always user errors. Smok mods suck, but i figured out the tanks and cant really say anything bad about them other than drop in coils get pricey after a while. The v8 stick, in my opinion, gets you a taste of sub-ohm vaping and not much else.

thespawn078

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Honolulu, HI
www.facebook.com
I think I'm just going to abandon this whole thing because I'm expecting to receive a pod system later this month and I also pre-ordered a bunch of extra pods (no choice, minimum order $25 on the site), so I will make do with what I have for now.

Thanks again, everyone, for your input and responses!

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread