Smok tank leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhesser

Jan 15, 2018
Houston Texas
TFV8X Baby tanks have a gasket at the bottom of the tank that compresses when screwed in your mod. These leak over time(at least mine do) and fills the mod receiving thread with juice. Does anyone know where to buy spares of these H shaped gasket (O-ring). It is shaped in a H shape with a hole for the current travel from mod to tank. I have had about 6 of these leak and one got juice in my tank. I don' usually use the tank but I have coils that I will need to use up. Anyone know where to get extras? thanks

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
TFV8X Baby tanks have a gasket at the bottom of the tank that compresses when screwed in your mod. These leak over time(at least mine do) and fills the mod receiving thread with juice. Does anyone know where to buy spares of these H shaped gasket (O-ring). It is shaped in a H shape with a hole for the current travel from mod to tank. I have had about 6 of these leak and one got juice in my tank. I don' usually use the tank but I have coils that I will need to use up. Anyone know where to get extras? thanks
I think you're talking about the insulator...
SmartSelect_20190714-095334_Samsung Notes.jpg

If that's the case, I do not know of anyone that makes replacements...

I have noticed a little seepage there, myself, but I don't think it's severe enough to worry about. I just swab the 510 out when I swap coils.

Perhaps a tiny dab of a silicone sealant? A wrap or two of dental floss? A little tiny strip of electrical tape? Any of these might tighten things up enough to eliminate or at least minimize the problem.

hhesser

Jan 15, 2018
Houston Texas
You are right. The insulator just seems to loosen up a lot over time. I just been throwing the damn tanks away. I have 2 new ones left but plenty of coils from a year ago left and I want to use them up. Building my own now but would like the insulators to last through coil inventory. I'm done with SMOK. The pins just end up so loose in the channel after e while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread