The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smok tank leaking

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by hhesser, Jul 14, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hhesser

hhesser Full Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Houston Texas
    TFV8X Baby tanks have a gasket at the bottom of the tank that compresses when screwed in your mod. These leak over time(at least mine do) and fills the mod receiving thread with juice. Does anyone know where to buy spares of these H shaped gasket (O-ring). It is shaped in a H shape with a hole for the current travel from mod to tank. I have had about 6 of these leak and one got juice in my tank. I don' usually use the tank but I have coils that I will need to use up. Anyone know where to get extras? thanks

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. charlie1465

charlie1465 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. hhesser

hhesser Full Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Houston Texas
    i realized i am looking for the grommet seal around the bottom 510 pin . it,s leaking there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    I think you're talking about the insulator...
    SmartSelect_20190714-095334_Samsung Notes.jpg
    If that's the case, I do not know of anyone that makes replacements...

I have noticed a little seepage there, myself, but I don't think it's severe enough to worry about. I just swab the 510 out when I swap coils.

Perhaps a tiny dab of a silicone sealant? A wrap or two of dental floss? A little tiny strip of electrical tape? Any of these might tighten things up enough to eliminate or at least minimize the problem.

5. hhesser

hhesser Full Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Houston Texas
    You are right. The insulator just seems to loosen up a lot over time. I just been throwing the damn tanks away. I have 2 new ones left but plenty of coils from a year ago left and I want to use them up. Building my own now but would like the insulators to last through coil inventory. I'm done with SMOK. The pins just end up so loose in the channel after e while.

6. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    Overtightening the coil heads on installation causes 99% of SMOK tank leaks. You threw tanks away because they leak? Install the coil head finger tight, too much does compress and deform the o ring and will cause leaking.

7. GiaCha0s

GiaCha0s Full Member

Jul 14, 2019