Smok Tfv12 prince coils

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all!

I have a question regarding a smok mag 225w mod I just bought. I am using the Q4 coil it came with and it says eating is 40-100 (best 60-80) but the coil itself doesn’t seem to do much until higher wattages. It’s reading 0.16 instead of .4 and I’ve got it up to 100w without burnt tastes or heat being issues. I would like to know who sets the limits on the premade coils and which coil would you suggest for a person who usually finds 80-100w perfect. Thanks in advance everyone!
If it helps I usually vape with the TFV4 mini tank with the TF-T8 coils at around 100-115w

No not yet. It’s the v12 prince q4 says 0.4 but my mods reading0.16. It isn’t getting hot or burnt tasting I just don’t understand. If I change the tank the ohms read correctly but haven’t tried switching the coil on the tank yet. Should I?

Attachments

• 7501A06E-4715-4A6D-8AA6-67E2D51802DD.jpeg
    7501A06E-4715-4A6D-8AA6-67E2D51802DD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
As mentioned, a slight variance in resistance is acceptable, say up to 5 to 6%. But that is quite a lot. It is possible you have a different coil that was mistakenly marked as the Q4…don’t know, I am speculating. But the only way to confirm is to change the coil and see if the resistance matches more closely to what is advertised.

Have you compared the coil to pictures on the internet? Might tell you if it was labelled incorrectly or not.

Smok’s naming practices for their coils is extremely confusing….I am sure they even get confused!

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I got my first box type mod over a year and half ago now and it was a smok tpriv. After the baby beast tank that came with it got too small to suit me, i eventually ended up with the tfv12 cloud king. I never used the prince tank but ive been around a few, the king wasnt called the king just for a name. This tank, and i still have it, uses coils that could handle 130+ watts with ease and grace. The tpriv died after 8 months but that tank is a good one. Yeah i know its smok, but still...ive even vaped it 150 watts. Puts out some serious cloudage. The prince is a weak imitation of the king in my opinion, shouldn't even be included in the tfv12 line.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
My drag reads my crown3 .25 coils at .24 says 70w to 90 I've ran it a hundred a few times. No problems. The stamp on your coil is a recommendation. Like a insurance policy

The markings on coils are rarely 100% accurate in resistance – usually a rounded off number. The mod’s accuracy also plays a role in this as well. As mentioned a slight variance is acceptable but in the OP’s case, that difference in resistance is quite vast - tells me something is amiss.

There are 2 versions of the TFV12, the regular and the Prince. Don’t know if they are compatible with each other, Smok’s website is a bit lacking in that info. But both the regular and Prince version have a Q4 coil, one being 0.15 ohms, the other being 0.4 ohms. Not saying this is the case with the OP, but does demonstrate their confusing names.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
but haven’t tried switching the coil on the tank yet. Should I?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Yes, worth a try, you can interchange coils anytime provided they are not clogged (used up). You might want to stay away from mixing some penetrating flavors like mints and cinnamon etc.. With these flavors, coils are set aside to vape only the mints etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread