Rebuildable single coil 0.85Ω (TF-R1)

What's in the Box
  • 1 x Taste Furious V4 tank
  • 1 x Quadruple Cooil Head
  • 1 x Triple Coil Head
  • 1 x RBA Head
  • 1 x Spare Pyrex Glass
  • 1 x User Manual
  • Spare Parts (Screwdriver, Cotton and top cap)
First Impression

This tank is huge and so are the clouds! So I'm no stranger to airy tanks but this thing is ridiculous , especially with the drip tip airflow open as well . Very nice looking tank and sturdy , you can tell they really went all out to make this tank . The rba section looks kinda "meh" but I'm sure they did this so you will buy the expensive monster coils or the extra dual coil rba.

Styling

Well this is a beautifully made tank and the easiest to fill ive come across . The swivel top fill design is innovative and works awesome although a few times it swivelled off a bit while I was vaping but they throw in a few silicone grip rings that you can throw on there and that solves the issue.
The drip tip itself has an airflow control which I found stole flavour from the tank and I kept it closed so I'm not a huge fan of it . If you were pushing the wattage super high then maybe it would be beneficial but for my purposes it wasn't of any use . I actually switched the drip tip for a thinner one and it improved the flavor a lot .
The glass section is pretty thick but there is no inner support so it's basically one drop glass. Luckily Smok has thrown in a spare glass section ( which every tank system should come with )
All in all this is a well put together tank made of solid stainless steel

Performance ( tested with the Xcube 2 )

RBA Section ( single coil )

I do like the rba but I wish they would have included the dual coil rather than the single . It's very user friendly to use though so if somebody wanted to just give rebuilding a try this would be a good one to start with . It's got huge juice channels so I stuffed a bit of cotton down in there and it seemed to work just fine and had no leaking or gurgling or anything ( not to say his wont happen to you ) . The flavour is not too bad but nothing like the pre made quad coil.

Triple coil

Monster clouds ! The flavour I found muted though compared to the quad . Seemed to like around 115-120 watts for a warm satisfying vape .

Quad Coil

I love this coil ! I found I didn't need as much power as the triple coil to produce a perfect flavourful vape . My sweet spot was around 95 to 105 . Honestly one of the most satisfying vapes ive ever had .

Pros

1: Quality
2: Top Filling design is insanely awesome
3: Fantastic flavour on the quad coils
4: New coils in development
5: 5ml Juice Capacity

Cons

1: Coils are expensive
2: Uses too much juice!
3: Coils can leak

Conclusion

It's a great well thought out well built tank . It uses an insane amount of juice so be prepared to start vaping 30 mls a day. I like how Smok is releasing new coils after the fact rather than just throwing out a TFV5 a week later . They also have released a sextuple coil ! In my opinion four coils was enough but to each there own I guess . Some people I've talked too have had leaking with the coils but I experienced none of that . I don't think many people will regret buying this tank !

If you would like to pick one up you can get one here

http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_211748.html

Thanks for reading and I will update the review if any changes in performance occur

Also big thanks to my buddy Wade at Gearbest

Cheers!

Reactions: erikbal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread