Smok TVF4 tank + new clapton quad coils, bad taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

rss09

Jan 12, 2018
Hi all,

I have the Smok Cloud beast TVF4 tank and just bought the TF-T4 quadruple clapton coils. I primed the coil really well and also let it sit and soak in for a pretty long while. Oh and cleaned the tank beforehand. Started at very low wattages building my way up (mod is Joyetech Cuboid if it matters). juice is 70/30.

How come it tastes so horrible? I don't know how to describe it... Not a burnt taste, but metallic and weird. There is almost no vapor produced at all and the tank gets very hot. What am I doing wrong? :yawn:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
With some of the Smok coils, it's hard to say. Where's your airflow at, and are you sure the coil is seated correctly? It sounds like you are having some sort of coil/wicking malfunction. It could be a bad coil, it could be something else. It may be some machining oil or something contaminating the coil, but the no vapor at the wattages recommended for the coil, you should be getting vapor. I don't know, but I'm sure someone will be along with suggestions. What wattage are you at?

Anna

Reactions: bombastinator

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I am not familiar with those coils, but in a search, both coils wattage ratings start out at 60 watts and go up to 120 and 150. If your Cuboid is a high wattage, dual 18650 model, (and you are using quality 20A or more batteries) keep cranking it up slowly. But 120 watts is your top end for 20A batteries and probably better to stay below that.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread