Smok X-Baby Coils Difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loizos

Dec 25, 2017
Hello everyone,
I own a Tesla WYE 200W mod along with the Smok X-Baby tank. So far I'm loving this tank. It provides great flavour along with long lasting coils.
I had a question that noone in the local vape stores seems to know the answer, maybe because the tank itself is fairly new in the market.
There are many types of coils for it, but the main ones are the Q2 (40 - 80 Watts) and the M2 (30 - 50 Watts). What I wanted to know is:
Assuming I am using both coils at the same 50Watts...
- Which coil delivers the flavour better?
- Which coil lasts longer?
- Which coil consumes more e juice?
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: stols001

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Hi Loizos!

I use the TFV8 coils too in my Baby Beast tank with my SMOK ProColor mod.

For your first two questions, I believe the M2 is the answer. It has a "sweet spot" of 35 watts and that's a nice slower burn. But I think they both would consume the same amount of eliquid.

I'm a flavor chaser and I prefer the X4 coil. It seems to be a nice middle ground between most the coils in that line.

Hope that helps!

Loizos

Dec 25, 2017
Hi Loizos!

I use the TFV8 coils too in my Baby Beast tank with my SMOK ProColor mod.

For your first two questions, I believe the M2 is the answer. It has a "sweet spot" of 35 watts and that's a nice slower burn. But I think they both would consume the same amount of eliquid.

I'm a flavor chaser and I prefer the X4 coil. It seems to be a nice middle ground between most the coils in that line.

Hope that helps!
Hey Christy thanks for the reply!
I guess I'll just stick to the M2 then...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly (especially if you can purchase them singly) I would suggest trying all the coils, and seeing which one you like best. I know which one *I* would probably like best (the highest resistance one, but I really don't Sub0hm but you may find one of the others to be superior and the only way to know is if you try them. With that said, with the parameters of vaping that you set out, it may well be that the coil you have now is going to be the "best" for you. Higher resistance coils do offer some advantages, including better battery life usually (depending on what wattage you need to get a satisfying vape) and sometimes go through less liquid.

I still think it would be fine to experiment.

Anna

Loizos

Dec 25, 2017
Hello Anna thanks for the information.

I have tried both coils but honestly I couldn't really tell the difference when it comes to juice consumption and taste...

There was only a slight difference when it came down to battery life...but that doesn't really bother me since 2 x 18650 are more than enough for a day.

Again, thanks for the info!

Ralph_K

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2018
Christy is not talking about same tank or coils. Baby and X-baby are not even close to same tank. M2 are coils that are marketed towards mechanicals like the Smok stick. X4 isn't even being sold for X-baby. Best coils I have found for X-baby is the T6 next down the line would be the Q2. The coils with higher wattage is going to consume the most juice and will give the most flavor.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Honestly (especially if you can purchase them singly) I would suggest trying all the coils, and seeing which one you like best. I know which one *I* would probably like best (the highest resistance one, but I really don't Sub0hm but you may find one of the others to be superior and the only way to know is if you try them. With that said, with the parameters of vaping that you set out, it may well be that the coil you have now is going to be the "best" for you. Higher resistance coils do offer some advantages, including better battery life usually (depending on what wattage you need to get a satisfying vape) and sometimes go through less liquid.

I still think it would be fine to experiment.

Anna
I think you are so right. In this whole game everybody's preference is totally subjective. Everything from temp to wattage and warm to cool. Just between the two he gave, I though the M2 squeaked out ahead. :)

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Christy is not talking about same tank or coils. Baby and X-baby are not even close to same tank. M2 are coils that are marketed towards mechanicals like the Smok stick. X4 isn't even being sold for X-baby. Best coils I have found for X-baby is the T6 next down the line would be the Q2. The coils with higher wattage is going to consume the most juice and will give the most flavor.
Ralph,

Oh wow I feel silly. I didn't even realize that. I've been planning on replacing my Baby Beasts with the X-Baby and saw the lineup of coils on the SMOK website: TFV8 X-Baby Big Family - SMOK® Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience! It says there is an X4 that can be used. Is it a totally different X4?

Last edited:

Ralph_K

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2018
Ralph,

Oh wow I feel silly. I didn't even realize that. I've been planning on replacing my Baby Beasts with the X-Baby and saw the lineup of coils on the SMOK website: TFV8 X-Baby Big Family - SMOK® Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience! It says there is an X4 that can be used. Is it a totally different X4?
When you buy the tank it does come with 1 X4 coil but haven't seen them for sale anywhere. The one I had used didn't last long so I think that might be why they aren't being sold. Comparing baby to the x-baby the throat is much bigger than the baby and has 4ml capacity vs 3ml. I like the ello from eleaf better and is compatable with smok baby coils. What I like is fill port is larger and the drip tip is nicer.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
When you buy the tank it does come with 1 X4 coil but haven't seen them for sale anywhere. The one I had used didn't last long so I think that might be why they aren't being sold. Comparing baby to the x-baby the throat is much bigger than the baby and has 4ml capacity vs 3ml. I like the ello from eleaf better and is compatable with smok baby coils. What I like is fill port is larger and the drip tip is nicer.
That's good info to have! The X-Baby has top airflow and less likely to leak from what I understand. I have a ton of X4s so I *hope* I can use them when I trade up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread