Smok X Cube II 160watt TC Bluetooth $55.9 coupon

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
here is a link to my treasure trove of stuff which i have found for the xcube 2. included is:
- The current as well as last 2 firmware update files
- An older Android APK which I have had no issues using
- The original upgrade tool. This one is much more powerful and all you to do factory restores, erase firmware, as well as easily downgrade to older versions
- The new firmware upgrade tool. i just use this to download new firmware files. when you open it and click check for new version the app will download the most recent firmware and save it in the same directory. at this point you can use the original update tool to install it if you wish.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0CM2pSi3m5mWS1MR2VZYXNfNU0/view?usp=sharing
I was really excited to find this as I'm unable to upgrade through the app to get SS TC but my computer keeps saying there's a Trojan in there. Bummer.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
That's strange I'm on windows 10 with no issues. But edge is garbage never use that thing. Tomorrow morning I will share the folder instead of one compressed file. That shouldn't trigger anything.
I got the older apk installed using my laptop and now when I try to login at least it doesn't crash the app... it just says unknown error contact administrator. I didn't install earlier firmware yet (I'm on 1.093 at the moment). Could that be causing the error?

Sorry for the dumb questions and thank you very much for the help!

cool77

Jun 3, 2015
Same here with older apk, 2.4.5.2. I have got "unknown error, please contact with administrator" for 14H...

I also notice I got this msg shortly after opening the older app : "network anomalies, please try again later"

And newer apk just crashes while trying to log in.

I am able to connect mod within app thou but I need to log in my account to activate SS...

When I place the order for this mod 2 weeks ago I installed the app from playstore and was able to create and log into my account.

Not cool, I bought this mod for TC SS.

Margucci

Oct 5, 2015
I have done some more research and I might have an idea what is happening. About a month ago smok said that newer versions of the app would be connecting to newer servers for capacity reasons. It looks like for the past while both sets of servers have been operational. Because anyone who updated the app is not using the old servers the capacity issues were no longer an issue because there were many fewer people attempting to log in. What may be the case right now is that those older servers are no longer operational, forcing people to upgrade to the new versions of the app. However, the issues with the newer app are still present making it unusable.

Is anyone able to log in using the old app at all to make purchases? Because as of this morning I can't.

Fix your sh*t smok.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
Same here with older apk, 2.4.5.2. I have got "unknown error, please contact with administrator" for 14H...

I also notice I got this msg shortly after opening the older app : "network anomalies, please try again later"

And newer apk just crashes while trying to log in.

I am able to connect mod within app thou but I need to log in my account to activate SS...

When I place the order for this mod 2 weeks ago I installed the app from playstore and was able to create and log into my account.

Not cool, I bought this mod for TC SS.
Exactly all the same things that are happening to me, only spelled out better.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
I have done some more research and I might have an idea what is happening. About a month ago smok said that newer versions of the app would be connecting to newer servers for capacity reasons. It looks like for the past while both sets of servers have been operational. Because anyone who updated the app is not using the old servers the capacity issues were no longer an issue because there were many fewer people attempting to log in. What may be the case right now is that those older servers are no longer operational, forcing people to upgrade to the new versions of the app. However, the issues with the newer app are still present making it unusable.

Is anyone able to log in using the old app at all to make purchases? Because as of this morning I can't.

Fix your sh*t smok.
Sounds like we just have to wait until an app update (if that ever happens)? What about iOS? In the past it was working better than android. I know people that own iPhones.

Thanks for doing all of this work Margucci. Smok should give you a couple mini cubes when they come out for keeping so many cube owners from going ballistic. Unless the mini cubes also have problems. In that case they should just write you a check so you can buy the mod of your choice!

Margucci

Oct 5, 2015
A lot of the things I have posted here came directly from a thread on another forum (which I don't know if I can link from here). The rest is from my own testing. I do appreciate the thanks though.

As for mod of my choice... I ordered a lavabox on Wednesday. It's on its way to me now. I want to mess around in escribe and hopefully get SS TC working better through that. SS just has such a low coefficient that it makes TC so difficult though. I do prefer working with SS and I like the flavor more than kanthal as well. So even without 100% reliable TC I'm still happy.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
A lot of the things I have posted here came directly from a thread on another forum (which I don't know if I can link from here). The rest is from my own testing. I do appreciate the thanks though.

As for mod of my choice... I ordered a lavabox on Wednesday. It's on its way to me now. I want to mess around in escribe and hopefully get SS TC working better through that. SS just has such a low coefficient that it makes TC so difficult though. I do prefer working with SS and I like the flavor more than kanthal as well. So even without 100% reliable TC I'm still happy.
You are right you probably can't link another forum. Thanks for bringing the info over here. I'm taking what I'm learning here to another forum (red) where people are having problems. Can I link the drive folder elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread