Smok x cube II issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Avoiding the question is no poof of correct stance.
Does one eliminate the manufacturer due to a given product issue.
smok
Dell
Evolv
Chevrolet
Cloupor
Ford
HP
P4Y
Apple

Where is the hate for the thousands of failed iSticks?:lol:

Everyone Hates something.
No need to tell everyone else they need to hate it also.

* I heard, if one was to e-mail Cloupor they have an upgrade for the T8 ;)[/QUOTE ]

I loved my smok, dell, evolve, ford, hp and wife and kids love their MacBook and iphones. A still use my original and and enjoying a vt40 right now.

I usually wait for reviews before purchasing then seeing if the flaws are worth it. The last 20 years we have been beta testing electronics. The failures of vista, win8 and now win 10 one would think ms would be dead and buried. I like my stock in them and apple.

You either roll with the fact that tech gets a pass in putting out a bug free products or get yourself upset that the the latest and greatest has gone to the trash pile in a couple months.

Still getting recalls on my honda.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Yes, one poster - may have done the steps wrong, stated they had to do both to fully upgrade. Said .08 would not push to .091 for them.
That might have been me? I tried updating using the beta firmware installer on Wednesday night (early Thursday morning). I was on 1.08 and even though the beta installer said that the update was successful, my mod wasn't updated to 1.091 because I couldn't get the stainless steel TC profile to upload to my mod. I then went back to the old firmware upgrade tool (where you had to manually delete the old firmware before you installed the new firmware) and that was successful. When restarting the mod, I could confirm that it was showing firmware version 1.091 and the SS profile uploaded fine after that.

aceman3330

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2014
Nakhonsithammarat, Thailand
That might have been me? I tried updating using the beta firmware installer on Wednesday night (early Thursday morning). I was on 1.08 and even though the beta installer said that the update was successful, my mod wasn't updated to 1.091 because I couldn't get the stainless steel TC profile to upload to my mod. I then went back to the old firmware upgrade tool (where you had to manually delete the old firmware before you installed the new firmware) and that was successful. When restarting the mod, I could confirm that it was showing firmware version 1.091 and the SS profile uploaded fine after that.
Oh, so I guess it's like when I upgraded from 1.06 to 1.08 in which I had to delete the old one first and then install the new one (at that time) instead. But, can I use my phone (iPhone, iPad, Android - I have all 3) to upgrade or do I need to upgrade via my computer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Oh, so I guess it's like when I upgraded from 1.06 to 1.08 in which I had to delete the old one first and then install the new one (at that time) instead. But, can I use my phone (iPhone, iPad, Android - I have all 3) to upgrade or do I need to upgrade via my computer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You need your computer. The firmware install tool runs on Windows (or Mac OS).

Jaysen B.

Aug 18, 2015
San Jacinto, CA
Well hope mine comes with the latest firmware... but out of all the mods i have had. I have yet to experience any bugs. Example my estick50w. Not on issue yet and bought about 4 months ago roughly. These i always hear getting bashed, or have venting issues etc. Most are human error. Only can push a device so far. So im interested in the x cube ii. I seriously doubt the company pushed out a piece of crap. An with firmware updates this thing seems limitless at this point. It adepts unlike alot of others out there.

danjaman

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
bristol, england.
Well hope mine comes with the latest firmware... but out of all the mods i have had. I have yet to experience any bugs. Example my estick50w. Not on issue yet and bought about 4 months ago roughly. These i always hear getting bashed, or have venting issues etc. Most are human error. Only can push a device so far. So im interested in the x cube ii. I seriously doubt the company pushed out a piece of crap. An with firmware updates this thing seems limitless at this point. It adepts unlike alot of others out there.
There's no way most of the istick 50w issues were "user error".
The things are just downright dangerous, they're so cheaply made and manufactured poorly.
And then when all the problems appeared, eLeaf had the audacity to blame them on cloned istick 50's when they knew full well that it was just because they cut corners.
eLeaf is a terrible company that deserves to go under, they don't even care that loads of people could have lost their lives/homes.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Cdrabun

Jun 27, 2015
Well I finally got in contact with them and they honored the warranty through madvapes.com with no issue. The one they sent me feels....different. the+ and- buttons are more raised on this one, it came with firmware 1.08 instead of 1.06. Upgraded to 1.09 and it works fine. Taking extra precaution not to let my mutation drip on this one. Think my gaskets are leaking though cause it seems to building up directly underneath the Rda itself

Kindwick

Verified Member
Jul 18, 2015
Rochester, MN
soundcloud.com
I also made my own thread about this issue, but I figured I would post it here as well in hopes of getting a prompt reply. I have been noticing recently that my X Cube II will not fire any higher than 6.6 volts. The device is rated up to 8 volts. I am running the most recent firmware update v1.093 and I have tried multiple atomizers with different resistances. Lower resistances are fine, since I am firing them around the 4-5 volt mark, but once I get into the .5-.6 ohm range, I can't get the device to fire higher than around 6.6 volts...is there something I am missing here?...or is this a more widespread issue that Smok has not addressed yet? Any tips or advice would be much appreciated. I have enjoyed this device for the last 2 months, but I just noticed this issue today and it would be nice to get the full power this thing has to offer...especially since they just raised the max voltage to 180 watts.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
The xcube 2 is a great mod but it is definitely better suited to more experienced vapers and rda's might be better on other mods although I no longer own any to have used them on mine. I hammer my kit use wise and in the near two weeks I've had the xcube it hasn't missed a beat and unlike the m80 tc works well on this one. Not saying this applies to the op but there are a lot of people getting into vaping and grabbing mods and attys that take more knowledge then they have things go wrong they are on the net criticising the manufacturer. Xcube2 is better used with tanks then drippers but given the placement of + & - buttons you've got to keep an eye out for any leaking and avoid any dripper\tank that leaks till you can sort out the leaking.

fogeast

Nov 14, 2015
OK so I originally loved my x cube 2 but today it started acting crazy. The display started doing this whole static thing like white noise on a TV. Took the batteries out, put new ones in just in case, display came back. However, I noticed it dimming and getting brighter randomly. Then it went completely dark. I let it sit for a while and it went back to working properly only to start doing the white noise screen and then repeating the whole deal. Now my screen is gone, the thing still fires but I can't adjust it. And the Bluetooth app only works half the time so i can't really use that. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm thinking my rda might have dripped through the connector or screw holes and juice is shorting it out. Any advice or help would be great. Still waiting to hear from the manufacturer.

I was having the same issue, it is a design flaw from what I can tell. On the top side of the screen (side closest to atomizer) there is a flex cable, if you push on this flex cable the screen turns funky. There is normally pretty good clearance between this ribbon and the atomizer cup however when you push the button firmly the whole circuit board the screen is mounted on moves toward the atomizer, the positive white wire that is folded in here presses on the flex cable and you get a garbled screen. The only fix I have found is to be ginger to your fire button and favor pressing it low on the fire bar rather than high, a whole hand firing grip or a top firing grip can cause the positive wire to touch the ribbon. I am not sure if juice got in there or not but swabbing around with paper towel and cotton swabs I am not finding any and that side of the screen is the most protected with a foam gasket, that foam gasket was also dry even after dripping juice all over the top of the device on purpose and letting it sit. If someone comes up with a way to stop the movement of the circuit board please let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread