• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Smok x cube II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comrade Vape

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2015
Local
battery.jpg

1TA2F

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Little Red Dot
Using one myself and I'm loving it. Battery wise, for about 200 Puffs a day, can last about 2 days.
As for the led light, it doesn't use much if you are on single color. Stay away from rainbow. And if you really want to save battery, you can always switch it off. Work around for the firing bar getting stuck, can always loosen the grub screws. The TC upgrade for Ti is 0.49 usd. SS is 0.99 usd. Doesn't cost much imo. And as @bangkokshocks said, you can set the resistance. The app is more stable now.

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
Allows future upgrade possible new types of wires, but I feel that Ti upgrade should at least be free..
As mentioned the app was reported to be iffy at times, but so far for me it working well.

Also managed to upgrade to 180W (Not that I will ever need anything over 60W and neither do I have the batteries to support beyond or find batteries that can actually safely support beyond 120W-30A )

Temp coeff value seems inaccurate, I need to bump up the value from 350 to 450 to have decent vape for Ti Dual Coil.
Other then that, the TC is working well.

I do like the ramp up control (Min, Soft, Normal, High, Max), works well for my case.

I do find it a bit too heavy, but it may be because I am used to the M80 Plus. So now its mainly for home use with the RDA.

I still prefer traditional firing button, compared to the bar.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
spendtitis hits again, the xcube 2 looks and i heard it hits as sick as ...., now going up to 180w, anyone own a xcube II care to share your 2 cents on this mod. really itching to get 1. hehe.

Here's the deal...

Unless you can get an updated unit, Ti and SS are an extra charge. Yes, it's a very small charge but it's a charge.

The use of Bluetooth and the BEC App is an experiment. It's not new either. SMOK has previous low power mods that use it as well. However... it can be dodgy. Like many others, I've had my share of issues getting it to work.

Entertaining LEDs aside, the mod has quite a few adjustments usually only found in the pricey DNAs or SX Mini TC mods. They, and the corrected TC, do work.

However...
SMOK has the Kooper 200w (and the Treebox 75w) which have a VERY similar set of adjustments available, and come with Ti and SS activated. I'm actually eying the 75w xCube Mini... I like the fire bar. :p

xqae24

Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
used the x cube 2 for a short while as one of my box mods apart from my usual mech mods, one think bad about the xcube 2 is the firing button.

so damn easy to click that if you leave it in your bag, countless clicking on your button sometimes jams it up and make it pretty annoying to use.

the whole mod looks cool as hell but performance wise, i'll prefer my IPV4S over the xcube 2 any day.

Reactions: Comrade Vape

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
Here's the deal...

Unless you can get an updated unit, Ti and SS are an extra charge. Yes, it's a very small charge but it's a charge.

The use of Bluetooth and the BEC App is an experiment. It's not new either. SMOK has previous low power mods that use it as well. However... it can be dodgy. Like many others, I've had my share of issues getting it to work.

Entertaining LEDs aside, the mod has quite a few adjustments usually only found in the pricey DNAs or SX Mini TC mods. They, and the corrected TC, do work.

However...
SMOK has the Kooper 200w (and the Treebox 75w) which have a VERY similar set of adjustments available, and come with Ti and SS activated. I'm actually eying the 75w xCube Mini... I like the fire bar. :p
I was eyeing the Koopor 200W. But upgrading the firware is a greek science. You actually need a Nuvoton Nulink Programmer (depends where you get it, it's about 24USD) to be able to bridge the PC and Mod together to upgrade. And online reviewers seem to be put off by its temperature control algorithm reliability.

ezjayy

Account closed on request
Oct 3, 2015
Look behind you.
used the x cube 2 for a short while as one of my box mods apart from my usual mech mods, one think bad about the xcube 2 is the firing button.

so damn easy to click that if you leave it in your bag, countless clicking on your button sometimes jams it up and make it pretty annoying to use.

the whole mod looks cool as hell but performance wise, i'll prefer my IPV4S over the xcube 2 any day.

Indeed. Got a opportunity to check the mod out yesterday. If you wanna talk aesthetics, this baby is a beauty, with all the LED lights, and one of a kind firing button.

But my one main gripe: the weight. Damn thing is pretty heavy..

I like my mods to be simple and stealthy. Hence the ipv4s still has my vote for its nice size, good weight, and quality performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: watervapour

Comrade Vape

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2015
Local
Indeed. Got a opportunity to check the mod out yesterday. If you wanna talk aesthetics, this baby is a beauty, with all the LED lights, and one of a kind firing button.

But my one main gripe: the weight. Damn thing is pretty heavy..

I like my mods to be simple and stealthy. Hence the ipv4s still has my vote for its nice size, good weight, and quality performance.
Durability my son. Don't forget durability..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread