Smok X-Priv Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

tachiro

Jul 17, 2019
try this:

Hold all buttons WITHOUT batteries and plug into a USB port. Keep holding for ten seconds, throw batteries in while still connected, disonnect and reconnect to turn on. DO NOT TRY AND TURN ON NORMALLY. Use the cable....

This will work on any __-Priv series mod.
you know what meaby i fu... up, i have the x-priv baby dont know if it is the same Firmware, do you have it for the baby

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
you know what meaby i fu... up, i have the x-priv baby dont know if it is the same Firmware, do you have it for the baby

I think they use different firmware. Because of different power output and other things.

I don't have the firmware for the baby version. I don't know if it is possible for another user to extract the firmware from the device.

Otherwise you could contact Smok Support and ask for the firmware. Sorry man, I wish I could help.

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
Of course you can too, but I just sent Smok an email asking for the package for the X-Priv Baby.

I think too there is a way to dump firmware from such an device. The nuvotron tool doesn't contin a 'read' or 'backup' option though.

Let's see how Smok answers. Would be nice if his mod gets fixed.

Last edited:

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
I think too there is a way to dump firmware from such an device. The nuvotron tool doesn't contin a 'read' or 'backup' option though.

Let's see how Smok answers. Would be nice if his mod gets fixed.

The newer version of that programmer tool has a 'save as' button. Might that be the solution?

Attachments

• prog.PNG
    prog.PNG
    46.7 KB · Views: 486

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
I did not notice that. I am going to find out though. That would be beyond awesome.

Yes, that would be awesome. But please don't brick your device.

I have a theory. I'm not sure if that is true. But, from reading on the official Nuvoton site it seems, there are at least 3 parts regarding to firmware to the chips we use in the Smok Device. A config file, the firmware and a (boot) loader.

The archive posted here with the version 1.09 doesn't include the loader. One would think the mod should connect to the pc anyways, even it's the wrong firmware on it.

It seems, the latest version of the programmer tool is 2.06. But I didn't try it. I only started it and recognized that they added a few new features. Programmer - Nuvoton

@bob5731 did you try on another computer or another USB port? I personally used only the short USB cable which was delivered with the X-Priv.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
The archive posted here with the version 1.09 doesn't include the loader. One would think the mod should connect to the pc anyways, even it's the wrong firmware on it.
Unless the bootloader is specific to the chip id and included in that id is also the specific device or something. I don't know. I have good computer and tech skills in general, but not in these specific areas.

Great information. I'm going to look into it as soon as I get a chance.

There shouldn't be a danger of bricking the mod by trying to dump a copy onto a pc, but I have one or two that I would be willing to risk if it meant figuring out how to get usable firmware from one device to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread