smok x pro m36 and kanger sub tank mini problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
This may not help, but I would look first at the atomizer (OCC) coil.

Unless you have a second tank (any make) you may need to replace the coil to find out how a new one behaves.

I find when they are new, the readings do jump around a little then settle down to the stated resistance. However, I don't use the 0.5ohm ones (so far), only the 1.2.

Geared0321

Dec 14, 2014
Midwest
I personally have not used a coil in a tank above .5 ohms for a very long tine, but what i can tell you is that IMO that is a coil issue, i have seen my fair share of faultly manufactured coil builds that read differently than they should, or just don't work period. I am not a huge fan of kanger, i have used them with no issues, just prefer other subtanks.
My suggestion is like mentioned above, grab another coil, run that one and see what it does, if that works, great. If not, find another tank and put it on there to narrow down whether your box isn't performing correctly or whether its just the coil (which is my guess).

Makone4

Mar 10, 2015
Tokyo, Japan
UPDATE: Over the past two days, I've not experienced this problem. I think it had something to do with the contact between the bottom of the tank and the 510 pin in the mod. I elevated the pin on the xPro as high as possible. (It only turned a 1/4 of a turn.) Then I screwed the atty on as snuggly as possible without forcing it. Don't want to put it on too tightly and make it difficult to remove. Since doing this, I've had consistent readings on both the 1.2ohm and .5ohm coils, each reading .1ohm lower on the mod. Hopefully, this is the answer to this problem but at least for the last two days, I haven't had any ohm spikes from the xPro and the nice little surprises that come with them.

Last edited:

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
dragon welcome2.jpg
Hi kristian and welcome to the forum!

Makone above has hit the nail on the head. Jumping ohm readings are usually due to poor connection between the mod and the topper. Make sure that both the pin on the mod and the one on the topper are clean. If that doesn't solve it, and the pin on the mod (or topper) isn't adjustable, you can usually pry the mod pin up just a bit with a small screwdriver.

Make sure the mod is off (or the battery removed, if possible), and put the screwdriver between the wall of the 510 connector and the pin.then,while going around the circle, GENTLY pry up just a little.

After you've fixed it, remember to not over-tighten your toppers - that will push the pin back down.

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread