Smok xpriv voltage problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TicklePickle

Mar 21, 2019
Hello guys. This is my first topic here and i'm seeking for some help.
The story is that i was riding my dirtbike in rain and i got my vape on me. In my pocket. After the ride i get to get some puffs out of my device but then i think it broke. I think it was waters fault. Pretty sure that it was.
Story is that max voltage that i get out of it is 0.500 v . Maybe someone knows what chip or part of the chip i need to change or something.
At this point i'm free for any advices . Gonna try something. If not , then i will order a new one . But prefer to fix this one. I love it

Attachments

• 15531987828938301883332942504165.jpg
    15531987828938301883332942504165.jpg
    765.5 KB · Views: 118

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
A chip reads your resistance and based on your power setting the regulator will assign the appropriate voltage. The resistance looks to be correct, but the voltage is off. This tells me, from my armchair perspective, the regulator chip is out to lunch. In other words, pooched. Recycle and purchase a new device.

If you like to play in the rain on your dirtbike, have a look at what Geekvape offers. Aegis Legend is IP67 water/dust resistant and employs a pretty good shockproof construction.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Does the display light up? If you remove the atomizer does it say, "check atomizer" or something similar? That would be a sign that the board is at least working partially. Is the display working normally? Does it show the correct atomizer resistance in the display?

That would show that the board is at least alive and sensing inputs. I'd look at the 510 connection to see if it's retracting and returning when you push on it with a screwdriver tip (don't accidentally hit the fire button while doing that!). Check your atomizer with an ohm meter or try it on another mod to see if the resistance is close to what it should be.

(Punk in Drublic and I were thinking similar things and posting simultaneously! :))

I agree that the output circuitry may have popped on you. The regulator chip will probably be proprietary, so it looks like a new mod is in your future.

Last edited:

TicklePickle

Mar 21, 2019
A chip reads your resistance and based on your power setting the regulator will assign the appropriate voltage. The resistance looks to be correct, but the voltage is off. This tells me, from my armchair perspective, the regulator chip is out to lunch. In other words, pooched. Recycle and purchase a new device.

If you like to play in the rain on your dirtbike, have a look at what Geekvape offers. Aegis Legend is IP67 water/dust resistant and employs a pretty good shockproof construction.
Thank you . And ussaly i don't do water+ dirtbike combos . It just happened . Me and my friend had a trip and i forgot that i have my device on me
I have friend with that aegis mod. I love to vape on it. But i want to try Tesla cp couple kit. From my perspective it looks really nice.

TicklePickle

Mar 21, 2019
Does the display light up? If you remove the atomizer does it say, "check atomizer" or something similar? That would be a sign that the board is at least working partially. Is the display working normally? Does it show the atomizer resistance in the display?

That would show that the board is at least alive and sensing inputs. I'd look at the 510 connection to see if it's retracting and returning when you push on it with a screwdriver tip (don't accidentally hit the fire button while doing that!). Check your atomizer with an ohm meter or try it onanother mod to see if the resistance is close to what it should be.

(PunkinDrublic and I were thinking similar things and posting simultaneously! :))[/QUOTEi
I tried to put my tank on other device and it was working just fine.
Devices screen is working fine . Just that it wont go more than 0.500 v

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You won't be able to find a replacement chip from SMOK. They won't replace it for you either. As Topwater said, its time to get another mod. And stay away from SMOK.

"We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break. You buy another." ---SMOK

SMOK's original name was Smoktech. I guess they shortened it to SMOK because of their lousy reputation. Changing the name did nothing for their reputation.

I echo the recommendation of Punk In Drublic. If you're going to be riding on a bike in the rain or dropping your mod, get a Geekvape Aegis. There's three models to choose from: an Aegis Mini, an Aegis, and an Aegis Legend. Shockproof and waterproof.

geekvape-aegis-kit-aegis-100w-mod-with-new.jpg

large-geekvape-legendaegis-red_600x600.jpg

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have the Aegis 100W. It's a great build with good ergonomics. It looks good and feels good in the hand, is covered with a rubberized exterior and just reeks quality.

The link below shows the Aegis being torture tested. Who could expect a mod to survive being run over by a moving vehicle?

Geekvape Aegis Review | Tested and Tortured - Vaping360

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I had the Aegis. It was a little too large and heavy for me, but I'm biased for lightweight, pocketfriendly, single battery mods. Gave mine to my son.

I have the Aegis Mini, which is a great out-and-about mod for several hours use. The 1200 mah battery probably won't last most folks all day use. But it does charge up with just over 30 minutes time via a 2 amp USB.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I had the Aegis. It was a little too large and heavy for me, but I'm biased for lightweight, pocketfriendly, single battery mods. Gave mine to my son.

I have the Aegis Mini, which is a great out-and-about mod for several hours use. The 1200 mah battery probably won't last most folks all day use. But it does charge up with just over 30 minutes time via USB.

I use the Aegis around the house. It's definitely not a pocket carry mod unless you are wearing a jacket.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
But i want to try Tesla cp couple kit
Didn't heard much about that older kit, though the few reviews i've seen/read were pretty bad all around.
Imo if you're an outdoors type of guy get an aegis (either the original or the legend) they're both tanks when it comes to being lifeproof.

Reactions: TicklePickle

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Maybe someone knows what chip or part of the chip i need to change or something.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could contact your local B&M Vape Shop and ask to speak to someone who may know how to repair. Might be a simple fix.
Could fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question like, who in my area is knowledgeable about mod repairs.
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

ArazelEternal

• Mar 19, 2019
    Madison, WI
    You won't be able to find a replacement chip from SMOK. They won't replace it for you either. As Topwater said, its time to get another mod. And stay away from SMOK.

"We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break. You buy another." ---SMOK

SMOK's original name was Smoktech. I guess they shortened it to SMOK because of their lousy reputation. Changing the name did nothing for their reputation.

I echo the recommendation of Punk In Drublic. If you're going to be riding on a bike in the rain or dropping your mod, get a Geekvape Aegis. There's three models to choose from: an Aegis Mini, an Aegis, and an Aegis Legend. Shockproof and waterproof.

geekvape-aegis-kit-aegis-100w-mod-with-new.jpg

large-geekvape-legendaegis-red_600x600.jpg

As far as I have been able to tell, the Aegis Mini and the Aegis Legend are the only ones available anymore. Everything Ive seen says the Aegis is discontinued.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread