Smoke 51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plodder

Jul 7, 2009
Kansas
Hey everyone, I have been sucked into this forum and reading various things for hours now. Unfortunately, I found the forum after I was at the mall today and bought my first e cig starter kit. I purchased it from a smoke 51 kiosk and after getting it home, I see on the back it is by a company smoke anywhere USA, Inc. My cig is just a two peice design, I guess it is the battery and then the atty and cartridge in what would be the filter. My kit came with 2 batteries, 2 filters and a wall charger for 160 bucks, they did throw in a box of 5 filters.

My questions are:

Did I purchase a good or bad ecig as far as things go.

Does the model I bought correspond with any of the numbers I keep seeing like the 501 or the 901?

Can I buy the e juice and refill this type of cartridge on my own? If yes, what type of juice gives the best "throat hit" and satisfaction for this model?

I really appreciate any help on this. I had no clue it was so involved! I wish I had known about this long ago. I have tried every stop smoking remedy before this with no luck. I am hoping this is the ticket for me.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
SE is selling good e-cigs. They're just a bit overpriced. I tell people to think of it as a starters fee. You bought it, you have it, now you can continue. I don't know much about the model you have, but I know it's interchangeable with others at a much lower cost. More people will jump in here shortly, and give you more information.

You'll need spare atomizers. They're unpredictable, and can fail unexpectedly. Also, look into juice. Don't throw away the empty cartridges. They can be refilled at a fraction of the cost of buying new ones.

Welcome to the Forum
Cheers;
jd

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Much agreed with Jim! So not throw away your empty carts! You can get juice from many places that is resonably inexpensive compared to buying and equal amount of prefilled carts.
A couple links for you:

johnsoncreeksmokejuice .com - Johnson Creek (Awesome Stuff)

nuvape .com - NuVape (Nice and Cheep Samples with free shipping over $8 if get it soon)

Sorry cant actually make a link until I hit 15 posts :(

Kobayashi

Mar 5, 2009
smoke 51 is a 2 piece device. the atomizers are built in to each cart. Everytime you change your cart it will give you a new atomizer so there is no need to buy atomizers for your device. Another company that is compadable to Smoke 51 is Cigana - The Healthy Alternative. I use them and i usually get a 20% to 30% discount from them. I dont bother with dripping and all that stuff.

Bigbob

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
I started with the Fifty-One as well, didn't give me enough vapor to keep me off the analogs. Keep reading in this forum and you'll find a lot of cheaper/better alternatives.

Personally, I like my second set the 510 much better, although you do have to fiddle with refilling if you want to save some cash.

No cravings for analogs now.

usamare

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Wadsworth
A few months ago I bought some cartomizers straight from Hong Kong for 1.35 each. Loongtotem.com (shipping is kind of steep though)

Of late there has been what appears to be a US based company selling them for a mere 1.50 each..(usually it's 2.50 in the US) I've never bought from them, but they would be my first try if I were looking for cartomizers, mist-stix.com

There's a couple different techniques for refilling, the one I'm familiar with is prying out the white rubber tip, and then either using a syringe to inject the filling with e-juice, or carefully dripping the e-juice along the sides (avoiding the center hole). You then have to either let them set for a while, then top them off again...or roll them on their sides for a while, and top them off again. Always keep both condoms for each cartomizer, and put them on whenever the cart is not in use. They will dry out quickly if left exposed to the air.

The thing to watch out for is that you don't get the cartomizer leaking juice into your battery, as that will mess up the auto-switch and put you out of business.

Good Luck!

guscx4

Jun 18, 2009
I started with a Smoke51. It was the kit with 2 long batteries kit for $100. After useing it for the better part of 3 weeks and $45 worth of "cartomizers" I felt very taken advantage of. The carts that they claim are equal to 2 packs.......the best cart I ever got might have been equal to about 4 cigarettes and the average cart was equal to 2-3 cigarettes at best. About a week after my purchase I started refilling but even with refilling I would only get about 2 packs worth of use before the cartomizer would become pluged and very hard to hit.

Don't get discouraged though. I found that my Smoke 51 batteries would mate to a DSE-901 atomizer quite nicely. The long 51 batteries do last a long time so it is like having a long life 901. But I was getting pretty discusted with my 51 purchase until I found out about the 901 atomizer.

Lazarus

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Treasure Coast, FL
Smoke 51 Duo looks like a branded E9 like the Red Dragon.

Supposedly the Vapor King is the best version of this model IDKW.

I had the Red Dragon and bought my 24mg cartomizers from e-cig.com. Pretty good flavor and throat hit. Sent it back because the batt was programmed for 3 second cut off. I think they do this 'cause cartomizers tend to burn up real easy and are impossible to resurrect after that burnt taste.

You can drip them, with caution, search dripping Red Dragon.

Don't know if the carts for VK or e-cig fit on your model.

The M401 is the standard 3 piece e-ciggy that duplicates the size of your E9.

2 piece to me is really the way to go, but it is NOT perfected yet.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
The numbers like 510, 801 , 901, and kr808d-1 means the type of threading the batteries have. The 51 is a kr808d-1 model. 901 will also thread onto your batteries but the draw may be a little different..tighter...because the air vents in the battery and cartomizer won't line up properly. So stick to getting kr808d-1 cartomizers. Tons of vendors sell blanks/empties for filling yourself. If you want pre-filled, V4L - Vapor4Life - Vapor King - the best e-cigarette/smoking alternatives! sells some good ones. Watch the deals/steals thread for upcoming sales from them...bookmark the deals/steals thread I linked you to. They have one going on right now. I also believe the litecigusa sells prefilled and/or empties. The 51 isn't a bad model, just highly overpriced. One good thing, I believe your batteries have a lifetime warranty.

Just a heads up on refilling your own if your batteries are automatics, remove the cartomizer first, fill, gently blow through it into a paper towel BEFORE putting it back on your battery. If it's automatic and you get juice down the hole in the battery, it will fry the sensor rendering your battery useless/dead.

The good thing about the kiosks is that it gets the word out about vaping but other than that, overpriced with a good warranty.

A Joye 510 is what you might consider next if you want to stay with a cig sized PV. Most vendors carry them. If you want better battery life, get an eGo kit from E-Liquid and Electronic Cigarette Shop - Category Listings. To make it a 2 piece unit, you will need a box of Boge cartomizers which they also sell...2.0ohm is a good one to try first. If you want big capacity and a warmer hit, Welcome to MadVapes LLC sells the ego mega dual coil cartomizer otherwise known as a EMDCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread