Smoke X-priv kit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdiumY

May 18, 2018
Look at your pic of the mod. See where it says soft? It is listed just under the wattage. This is what I was referring to. But you already have it set to soft. Can you take the mod back to where you bought it to have them look at it?
Yes, but i thought that this is exact preheat functions)

Reactions: stols001

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Sorry for nub question)
What is VW and TC mode? is there great diffenece between?
YES BIG difference. TC stands for temp control and only use it if the wire in the coil is stainless steel, nickel, or titanium.

VW mod is the stand mode and use when the coils are made of kanthanal or NiChrome.
Show me the coil you are using?

• Agree

AdiumY

May 18, 2018
Soft, normal, hard refer to the hit. In soft there isn't as much power as in the normal hit and power hit.

Has nothing to do with preheat.
Yes, it's preheat function, i have found where to change it and it mentioned as preheat( cant upload pic now(

AdiumY

May 18, 2018
YES BIG difference. TC stands for temp control and only use it if the wire in the coil is stainless steel, nickel, or titanium.

VW mod is the stand mode and use when the coils are made of kanthanal or NiChrome.
Show me the coil you are using?
now i use original v12 prince q4 coil o,4 Ohm 40-100 best 60-80 watts

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
now i use original v12 prince q4 coil o,4 Ohm 40-100 best 60-80 watts
These coils are to used in wattage mode/power mode. There is no need to have a preheat function with these.
Me thinks you are mistaken about the soft, normal, power hits. Nothing to do with preheat.

• Agree

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Sorry for nub question)
What is VW and TC mode? is there great diffenece between?
You might be best served if you return to your vape shop and have them explain and show you how to use this xpriv. There is much to learn, and you may want to start off with a much simpler mod and coil set while learning about vaping. If you don't understand vaping or all that it involves, this mod is too advanced for beginners.

AdiumY

May 18, 2018
You might be best served if you return to your vape shop and have them explain and show you how to use this xpriv. There is much to learn, and you may want to start off with a much simpler mod and coil set while learning about vaping. If you don't understand vaping or all that it involves, this mod is too advanced for beginners.
Actually im not a beginer and vape more than 3 years. Just found out such problem only with new Kit Xpriv and tried to find out the reason) in past i never faced with such problems while using replacement coils and even RBA.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well then something is up with your setup, or you are still vaping the coil at too high wattage (suggested wattage is just that-- a suggestion. Going over will definitely cause issues, but being below recommended wattage can often provide a good vape AND longer coil life.

You've gotten lots of good advice. Mine would be to either give up on that tank (it seems it doesn't seem to be working for you) and/or take the setup in somewhere to help you get up and vaping it without a bunt taste.

Best of luck,

Anna

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
Since its happening on just the tank I'll have to say bad coil batch. You said it also happened on the rba maybe that was just a coincidence since over wicking a rba is a common thing. Either trying poking needle holes in your coils or buy a new batch. I've gotten whole packs that where bad before. Not bad but too much or too tight cotton.

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
L.A.
I run mine is the standard W (WATT) mode w/ preheat set to 'soft' I'm using a Q4 coil @ 53w. I've never had a dry hit issue and the only time I've had a burnt taste issue is when I didn't prime the coil properly or used the coil for too long.

I don't think it can be overstated how crucial priming the coil is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread