Smokeless Image Volt Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgerrick

Aug 8, 2011
Tempe, AZ
So I got my Volt on Thursday of last week, charged the battery, and have been using it up until last night, when it went dead. I screwed it onto the USB charger, plugged it in, and the charger light indicated it was charging. Then, 10 minutes later, the light said it was done charging, but there was NO charge left on the battery.....is it the battery or the charger that is malfunctioning?

I'm really upset by this because I've been analog free for nearly 3 days and I'm not able to get my fix now!!!

rpgerrick

Aug 8, 2011
Tempe, AZ
I have, haven't heard anything back yet. I was trying to troubleshoot myself, but it's not like a computer with lots of options....so I'm kinda stuck waiting I guess. I should have ordered 2 batteries to start with, but I was broke at the time and decided to chance it....I ordered another today so hopefully it'll be here by Friday. *crosses fingers*

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Pasting response to another post about a failed cigarette-looking PV. This one is bigger (Sharpie-sized), comes with 2 batteries and is less expensive. Hope you get CS help quickly. 3 days is HUGE. Good luck.

Paste:
For price and performance I don't know of a better PV than Kgo out there right now (not in the Mod category). It's an Ego clone with more voltage 3.7-4.2 instead of Egos 3.2 (BIG diff) and higher MAh 1100 (battery lasts longer). With a low resistance cartomizer or atomizer (1.5ohm) the Kgo delivers a mod-like experience. They're 39.99 to 44.99 for a kit depending on the vendor. HoosierEcigSupply and BreezeSmokes sells them. When family/friends ask about my PVs and decide to switch I send them for a Kgo and LR cartomizers.

Ego PassThroughs are nice for a backup. It's a regular PV (900 mAh I believe) that has a connector on the bottom to charge while vaping. It's nice to know you have a fully charged battery all the time. If you vape at your desk it's a nice addition for about $20. That and a Kgo and a noob is vaping like a pro in no time imo. YMMV. Good luck on your decision. You can't go wrong with a Kgo, Ego or Riva.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Last Thursday? See if they will replace it.

Did you buy auto batteries? Auto batteries and refilled cartomizers don't mix well. Auto batteries always have a hole in the middle of the threaded end and a necessary little drag switch right inside that hole. If juice gets in, it can do anything from make the switch sticky to short the connection and either pretty much ruins the battery.

Most people here use and recommend manual batteries. If you want to use auto batteries, you should always have at least one spare battery. I actually think everyone should have a 3rd battery for any ecig they depend on.

The Volt manuals do have a very tiny button (a bit hard to press) but a really nice totally sealed threaded end - juice will not be getting inside. The Vapor4Life manuals have a larger button and should have a mostly sealed threaded end (a seal inside the hole) but claim slightly less mah (charge length). I use both.

If you continue using autos - you need to try not to let cartos leak. I never use the condom method. I open the carto, tilt it and hold a bit of tissue on the threaded end hole, and drip into the stuffing. When done I tilt the open end down into a tissue and puff into the threaded end to clean the air channel. And if I want to make sure it doesn't leak, then while it is still aimed open end down I poke a soft point of tissue in the open end to touch the stuffing and wick off any loose juice. (Alternately you can put the bit of tissue in first, then tilt the open end down and puff into the threaded end). Before capping, make sure you can see light through the air channel and if you cannot, repeat the last step above. That carto will not have the most juice possible shoved into it, but it will be much less likely to leak.

Last edited:

rpgerrick

Aug 8, 2011
Tempe, AZ
Did you buy auto batteries? Auto batteries and refilled cartomizers don't mix well. Auto batteries always have a hole in the middle of the threaded end and a necessary little drag switch right inside that hole. If juice gets in, it can do anything from make the switch sticky to short the connection and either pretty much ruins the battery.

Most people here use and recommend manual batteries. If you want to use auto batteries, you should always have at least one spare battery. I actually think everyone should have a 3rd battery for any ecig they depend on.

The Volt manuals do have a very tiny button (a bit hard to press) but a really nice totally sealed threaded end - juice will not be getting inside. The Vapor4Life manuals have a larger button and should have a mostly sealed threaded end (a seal inside the hole) but claim slightly less mah (charge length)

No, I bought the manual, and the cartos are still the original ones that came with the kit.

Sedateme

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Bismarck, ND
The live chat button should come up in the lower right-hand corner of their home page. I've noticed sometimes it pops up and disappears right away. I'm assuming it does that when there's no representatives available to chat. Keep checking and it shouldn't be too long before you can start chatting with someone.

rpgerrick

Aug 8, 2011
Tempe, AZ
The live chat button should come up in the lower right-hand corner of their home page. I've noticed sometimes it pops up and disappears right away. I'm assuming it does that when there's no representatives available to chat. Keep checking and it shouldn't be too long before you can start chatting with someone.

It's never popped up any time I have been on their site.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Check to make sure threaded ends of everything are clean - no juice film - battery, charger, cartomizer. And I alwats wipe the threaded end of my battery before putting it on a charger or in a PCC. Otherwise juice film can build up and cause poor connection.

And you are saying when you press the button of the battery, with no cartomizer on it, the battery does not light? But the charger says it's charged? One thing you could try is disconnect the charger from power, plug it in again, and try to charge the battery again. I have one older KR808D-1 charger that gets confused and sometimes I have to reset it that way to get it to recognize the uncharged battery and charge it.

And good luck with tech support!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread