Smoker one day, non-smoker the next? Now that's AMAZING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
My first e-cig purchase arrived on Thursday. The Riva 510 from Liberty Flights + an assortment of e-juice.

The Riva is nicely packaged and looks very classy. I was glad for all the tutorials I've been reading for the past several months! Filling the empty cart was the only, "hope I'm doing this right" moment I experienced.

I blew out the primer fluid, assembled the pv, and gave it a try. To my mind, it was more like "Toking" than "Smoking", (Although it is neither of those thank goodness!!). I took to it like a old hippy. lol! I was vaping away, while a couple of other people, sharing the experience with me, couldn't seem to get a decent draw, for the longest time.

I chose a nic juice strength of 24 mgs, as I was a fairly heavy smoker. The first juice I tried, tasted good to me, the second, horrible... I thought I might have ruined my pv, horrible... I went back to the first juice and vaped all day. Vaped. Not. Smoked!! Which is huge for me. First non smoking day in about 20 yrs!!! I was amazed. I had thought that if I was still craving smokes, I'd just have one or two, that evening, no big deal. I had no desire to smoke at all! I just kept taking a couple pulls off the pv, whenever I felt the need, and I was good. I did have to use some guess work, as to when to top off, and refill, but I think I'm doing alright with that.

I've had the flu for the past couple days, so I can't comment on any physical effects. (I felt sick, when I got the thing, I feel sick still lol!). I will say that I experienced very minimal dry mouth, (I did remember to up my fluid intake, as recommended.), and the only noticeable effect was my mouth and throat felt coated, and had a slight burn feeling, (the way putting your tongue on a battery feels.), very mild though. I may have vaped too much, or at too high a nic level, I'm still in the learning process.

I had a fleeting desire for a cigarette before bed but skipped it. I slept well. When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was a strong taste of e-juice, and a dry mouth. I haven't smoked or vaped, this morning. I feel slightly nauseous,and although I do have the flu, I feel I may have vaped too much because I don't crave either pv or cigarettes...

Although I really wanted to love vaping...to feel... "Over-The-Moon", about it, like some folks seem to feel...In all honesty, I don't. I am extremely grateful for the chance to quit smoking, but I doubt very much, that I'm going to "prefer" vaping, even when I get more practiced, and find my "Sweet Spot", I will, most likely, still view vaping as a crutch, with a lot of tedious details and expense. Not as much so as cigarettes, perhaps, but with the inconsistency, of taste and dependability, Vaping has a long way to go... JMO...

I do love the cleaner, can do it almost anywhere, convenience of vaping. I love that my health will not be (as?) comprised, and hopefully, I'll FINALLY be able to quit a nasty, expensive, prohibitive habit!

Last edited:

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Congratulations to you! You found a fantastic PV on your first try, and that's awesome. I've been vaping for a few weeks now, and just upgraded to the Riva from L-F -- got it yesterday. And you're right, it's sweet!

I'm glad you made the transition so easily -- keep vaping and stay upbeat, it really only does get better, and hey, maybe you'll surprise yourself and prefer vaping one day. It took about a week for that to kick in for me (and I was using a POS PV)!

Just curious -- I ordered a couple e-liquids from L-F and wasn't too impressed. One of them tasted like burning. I thought it was my hardware it was so bad. But I (silly me) tried different atties and then different juices and realized I got something horrible.. What flavors did you get and which was bad? I have spearmint and double mint, and if I remember correctly, it was the double mint that was horrid. Both mine were VG-based. I'm going to let them sit a bit (even though they look pretty mature to me, dark colors on both) and see if the flavors don't get better.

Happy vaping!!

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
Thanks everyone! Truthfully wish I wasn't dependent on anything, but nicotine has been how I've coped with stress since I was 13. (Yep...13! oy!).

What impressed me the most about ECF,when I first found the site, was the number of hard core, long term smokers who QUIT using pv's. I felt If I had any chance at all, vaping might just be it.

I've also been informed by my Dr. that it might be a good idea, if my Gall Bladder "Left The Building", so to speak...so I wanted to increase my chances for a smooth recovery from that surgery, which I need fairly soon. So it was a great time for Liberty Flights to offer this health improvement at a price I could live with. (pun intended!). I am Soooo grateful LF and the good people here on ecf too! A warmer more supportive group of people just can't be found. I am proud to be among such an amazing group of QUITTERS! I plan to stick around and give back whatever I can...(anybody want some horrible e-juice? lol! j/k!).

I never thought I could really do this. I'm so proud of me! heh...

@adeline:

I bought several 5ml bottles of nic juice, I have only tried two so far. They were all pg. only. The "bad" one was called "Virgina". ("Ode to Charred Plank" I call it heh!), yeah down right nasty! Oh well, Vape and learn! I really do the like the, "Turkish & USA " blend though. Taste like a nice new pack of smokes smells.(all clean, fresh, and un-lit that is!). Thanks for you post and congrats on quitting too!!

Last edited:

Willriker

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
CT, USA
Your right in your apraisal of it though. It isnt an oh my god type of thing. It is a replacement for analogs, nothing more. But, it also comes with a perk in that you can use flavors other than tobacco as well. And, some of the flavors are really really good.

If your anything like me, for the first week and a half or so youll notice that youll still have the urge to have a cigarette. And youll need to make a consious decision to pick this up instead. Eventually i came to realize that every time i had an ugre for a cigarette, my e-cig squashd the urge. It eventually gets to the point where your brain no longer tells you that you want a cigarette. Eventually you become wired to want to vape. Cigarettes never enter your mind, vaping does. And thats when you know youve made progress.

It really isnt any differant in that you are replacing one thing for another. but, thank fully what you are replacing it has many many many perks.

Congratulations on your success. It is well earned and is a huge accomplishment! Dont belittle your accomplishment by saying that you are using this as a crutch. Not having a cigarette for an entire day, no matter how, is indeed an accomplishment to be prowd of. And dont let anyone tell you any differant, including yourself!

Welcome aboard and happy vaping!

P.S. dont write off those flavors you didnt like just yet. Leave them sitting with the cap open for a week and a half. Then revisit them with a fresh mind. More often than not, things are better after you let it sit for a bit.

Barley

Dec 6, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Thank you for an honest and encouraging post. I just got this email for my very first order.

Hello W.,

Your order has shipped. (Order#: xxxxx placed on 12/16/2010)

To track your package visit the following link:

https://www.PureSmoker.com/orderdetails.asp?OrderID=47095
You may also use the preceding link to review your order details or print an invoice

Thanks again for shopping at PureSmoker.com - USA Electronic Cigarettes & USA Made eLiquid!!!!
Visit us anytime at PureSmoker.com - USA Electronic Cigarettes & USA Made eLiquid!!!

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
Thanks NB, I need all the encouragement I can get. You know the saying,"If you want to know what's up the road, ask someone coming back". So thanks for dropping back around to encourage this newbie.

@Will: I don't know man, I can't see how *Open Air Aging* will improve this juice... Maybe instead of just tasting of, "Charred plank", it would bring out the Manure base notes? :p

I do feel really good about not smoking though. Thanks for the kind post.

Hey Barely,
Welcome! Glad your joining us! Here's to us all!:toast:

Last edited:

Kilroy

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Charlotte, NC
You have a very realistic attitude. Not every day will be a walk in the park. I often had cravings for a "real" smoke. They became fewer and further between. I ignored them and they passed. They're rare now, but I still get them. I hope you're over the flu soon so that you will have the chance to realize how much better you feel being smoke free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread