The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smoking when drinking

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by snowyghost, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. snowyghost

snowyghost Senior Member Verified Member

Nov 9, 2013
    RI
    So I use my provari and kayfun all day everyday and I love it I never think about a cigg nor do I smoke them anymore. Somehow after a long of drinking it always seems to end with me smoking a cig. I'm never sure how I got it but its there. Does anyone eles smoke only when they drink?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

2. Iowa Gal

Iowa Gal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Central Iowa
    When I first started vaping over three years ago I did. A couple of things I found to help..A tobacco juice that goes well with the beverages and a little higher nic level for those times. Time also makes a difference....the first few months a cigarette now and then still tasted good, now I can't even stand one puff.

3. HighEnergyProton

HighEnergyProton Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2014
    Germany
    At first I battled with it too, but I just stuck with my vaping and worked through the analog desire. Finding a flavour that goes well with your drink helps a lot though! I'm not a fan of tobacco flavours, so I tend to go for a not so sweet flavour when I'm drinking. One day I sat with a beer at home and tried all different flavours until I found one that worked well. This is also where having multiple tanks helps, if you're a beer drinker, but tend to have a scotch or a brandy among the beers, changing the flavour with your drink also is a good idea.

4. Jarbs

Jarbs Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2013
    New Jersey
    since i started vaping, i smoked cigarettes at a christmas party and new years party. they did nothing for me so i realized i don't need cigarettes when i drink. i got black out crazy drunk last weekend and still didn't have a cigarette.

5. TheReign

TheReign Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    Kaua'i - Nevada
    That you know of :evil: Lol

Jk but i agree with the whole drinking smoking thing. i quit drinking for a little while but when i was, i would just crank that puppy up a volt and vape away. seemed to work for me, i'd rather not smoke a cig no matter what im doing

6. Ohms Lawbreaker

Ohms Lawbreaker Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Right Behind You
    Quit drinking all alcohol 6 weeks ago now. (Vaping 7 months.) And I really have no idea why or what happened.

3-4-5 beers a day guy for decades, some vodka now and then, no problem, get smashed once or twice a year, hung over now and then, but my wife and friends were not throwing any interventions my way, no DWIs, no problems at all really.

One day I started early, with beer, just being lazy. Wound up drinking all day and night and felt like crap next day. Something in me snapped and said Not Again. Think I am still going through some form of withdrawal though. Like panic attacks. Generalized anxiety, maybe a little worse, morbid thoughts, avoiding the public. What is worse I really feel like a couple beers will make it go away. So that really just scares me, so I think I'm done for at least 6 months or so until I can get a handle on this. Don't really have the urge to drink and party and get drunk, just make the anxiety go away. Guess they don't call it "liquid courage" for nothing.

7. Anthal69

Anthal69 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2013
    Albany, Oregon
    I'm able to drink and only vape. I find if I don't keep any smokes in the house, I won't drive to the store after I start drinking to get them. But then again. I've been cig free for months now. It's just a matter of willpower. Keep the PV in hand with some 24mg liquid and FIGHT THE URGE TO SMOKE!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.