SMOKJOY GOTTA GOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the GOTTA GOD by SmokJoy. I would like to thank James from the healthcabin for supplying the GOTTA GOD for the purpose of this review.

https://www.healthcabin.net/smokjoy-gott...16033.html

In the Box

Contents:

1 GOTTA GOD
1 usb cable
1 User Manual
1 Certification of Inspection Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

On opening the box i was greeted by what looked like a very nice mechanical mod (it's not). The GOTTA GOD is made to mimic a mech in every way it can looks wise, and SmokJoy have done a good job of achieving this. It has a very solid 510 plate and the 510 is spring loaded with a very sturdy spring. When the light catches the device it glistens due to its textured finish. On the top of the device there is a ring of what looks like venting holes; which are actually for the LED's to shine through to let you know about the charge left on the battery. The base reveals a mech style switch surrounded by venting holes. The device is nicely finished off with a gold GOTTA GOD logo which comprises of a upside down G and a G the correct way around interlocked. The device feels nice in the hand, not over heavy but substantial and the textured finish feels very nice. The only giveaway on looks that the device isn't a mech is the USB charging port.

The lighting on this picture makes the switch look as if it protrudes, it doesn't at all the opposite is true. A trick of the light.

Specs:

Dimensions: 24.5 x 88mm
Voltage: 3.5 – 4.2V
Wattage: 30 – 120W
Minimum Resistance: 0.15Ω
Built-in 3500mAh
Herb Dry Burning Mode
Bottom Switch Button
LED Decorative Ring Power Indicator
510 Threading Connection
Micro-USB Charging Port
Colours: Black, Red, Rainbow

Using the GOTTA GOD

The GOTTA GOD is a 3500mah regulated direct output device capable of wattage between 30W - 120W (117.6W to be precise according to my math). To turn the device on and off it's just 3 clicks and then you can vape, it's that straight forward. The other feature the device has is dry herb burning mode (which i know nothing about), which is 3 very fast clicks (within 1s) which gives you a 10s continuous burn. I really can't see how anyone can accidentally set this mode while switching the device off as i only manged to get the dry burn to work 3 out of 10 attempts and that was clicking as fast as i possible could. I reviewed another direct output device recently and a con i found was the lack of knowing the state of the battery life, so i was very pleased that the GOTTA GOD has different colour LED'S to give you a reasonable idea. When turning the device on if the ring flashes blue there is above 80% charge, flashing green means 30% to 80% and flashing red means below 30%. The use of a fourth colour would of been nice as 30% to 80% is a broad span but maybe i'm just being picky. When firing the LED's give you the same information but they turn solid on rather than flashing.

Performance / Vaping Experience

On a lot of sites this device is being called GOTTA GOD Mech Mod; which of course it's not, but it sure looks and feels like one. It say's on the specs 3.5v - 4.2v at a compatible resistance of greater than 0.15. I tried a couple of stock coils that were both reading 0.15 on a few other devices and they were fine so maybe it should of said =>0.15. At a min of 30w you are looking at a max resistance of about 0.5 (It seems to be quite common to be given sketchy specs by manufacturers when it comes to regulated direct output devices). This seems to be quite a narrow range but surprisingly will probably suit a lot of low to mid DL vapers. Apart from when i MTL which isn't often 0.15 to 0.5 is perfect for me. I used the GOTTA GOD with Vgod elite, Geekvape Zeus and the Wotofo Flow and enjoyed vaping with all of them on this device. The only mech devices i have used are squonkers so it was my first experience of using a mech style switch and i loved the change. Obviously rigged up to a computer the GOTTA GOD isn't going to fire as instantly as a true mech but luckily computers don't vape and to me this was instant and hit hard, i could notice no delay whatsoever. The diameter of the device is 24.5 but i tried also 24mm and 25mm tanks and in my opinion they looked fine. Despite needing to charge the device once it goes below 3.5v it still gave good battery life. I do like my devices that have plenty of feature's like curves etc but this is a device i will be using in the future.

Pros

Very Well Made
Good Aesthetics and Ergonomics
Nice Mech Style Switch
Nice 510
Fires Instantly (at least to my human capabilities of detection)
Good Battery Life
Battery Status Indication
Dry Herb Burning Mode

Cons

Narrow resistance range
Would like better battery status (a bit picky)

Conclusion

The GOTTA GOD gives a Mech style vaping experience that can be enjoyed without being too advanced. I personally really like the device it has also made me consider purchasing a true tube mech.

I would like once again to thank James from the healthcabin for supplying the SmokJoy GOTTA GOD Mod.

https://www.healthcabin.net/smokjoy-gott...16033.html

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread