Smoktech DCC popping hot liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaSnibbla

Apr 24, 2012
Chico, Ca
so ive been using these Smoktech dual coils (2.8 ohm) with my lavatube and they have been working great until now. Im vaping 50/50 mix and with one of my cartos and it pops after a few seconds. The pop will occasionally pop hot ejuice onto my tounge and its greatly irritating. What would be causing this? i have only filled it once(6ml DCT). some suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks

oh and im vaping at 4.5v and the carto is not flooded and doesnt gurgle at all.:mad:

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
I don't use dual-coils, but I've had it happen occasionally with regular cartos. I treated them as if they were flooded, and I think it worked (happened a long time ago). Basically, you can blow it a little (that's what she said); you don't have to make a mess, but I don't know how good the DCT seal is. I just push it down a bit (push from the mouth end with a thin drip tip or if you have that Slap Yo Mama doohickey) and stick a paper towel in the mouth end. Then clean up the battery end with a paper towel, then blow from the battery end, gently.

If that doesn't fix it, then my second guess is based on what happens sometimes with atties when they have a partial short - they get a really hot point, I assume and that causes the spitting. Not much you can do, then...

ThaSnibbla

Apr 24, 2012
Chico, Ca
Of course, lowering the voltage would help too. I know you LT guys like to bump up voltage a bit.

i have tried it on a lower voltage(3.7-4.3) and there is barely any vaper. Just order some Boge XL SR cartos, they will be here tomorrow so that should fix my problem. Im pretty sure these DCC's just dont perform well in the LT. Ill update tomorrow with the performance difference between these Smoktechs and the Boge XLs.

MrsCasey

Pink Spot Fanatic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Hi TheSnibbla,

I use Dual Coil Cartos and sometimes have this issue and I am using a Provari. I usually do as elf stone suggested and dab the top of the carto out with a paper towel. Then I twist the corner of the paper towel and stick it in the hole in the battery end to get excess liquid out. I do find this happens more when I am hitting the tank a lot back to back to back and it is getting warm. I have read a couple bad reviews on the Boge XL Cartos (but am anxious to try them once I see consistent positive reviews) so I have been using the ReNEW XL Single Coil Cartos in my DCTanks when I want Single Coil. So if you don't like the Boge XLs you can try the ReNEWS from Clouds of Vapor.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I read a post ( I googled and couldn't find) where the member inserted a removed atty bridge into the bottom of a drip tip before putting tip on atty. This blocks spitting juice from getting to mouth. It acts as a shield w/o blocking airflow. I have not tried this, but it sounds like a good idea.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I have actually been thinking of a way to put a "catch" in a drip tip. But at the same time that defeats the purpose of the "drip" in drip tip. Maybe a catch tip? Lol ill just wait and see how the Boge XLs work out. Should have an update in a few hours.

If you put just the small U shaped bridge in, the juice will flow right by. It gets installed the same direction it was in the atty(another words top up)
I also have some SS pipe screens that are like 1/4" in diameter. I have trimmed those just a bit and inserted those in the atty to catch or block any spitting.

ThaSnibbla

Apr 24, 2012
Chico, Ca
I got my vapemail! And let me tell you that these Boge XLs are 100% in every way. They vape great at 3.7, they vape even better at 4.5. Im sorry Smoktech but i have officially retired all of your Dual Coils from my collection. Theres a great sizzle and no popping at all. The flavor is spot on and the vapor production is 9/10. Going to order a big pile of the Standard resistance cartos.

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
I know... Boge SR regular cartos are my "fall back vape" every time I get disappointed with some new fancy clearo / dual-coil or whatnot. I have this big box full of carto packs, and they never let me down so I have no remorse for the spending on that huge stock... Glad to hear the XLs share the family traits :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread