Ended Smoktech giveaway! 250 Cloud Machines to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
@SmokeyJoe E-cigarettes were not commercially available until the 21st century, so it is counterintuitive that the wordvape dates to the early 1980s. Its earliest known use is in an article, “Why do People Smoke” in New Society in 1983. The author, Rob Stepney, described a hypothetical device being explored at the time, “an inhaler or ‘non-combustible’ cigarette, looking much like the real thing, but…delivering a metered dose of nicotine vapour. (The new habit, if it catches on, would be known as vaping.)” Thus, it seems that vaping the word existed before vaping the phenomenon.
Is this the correct answer?

No, it is not. Re-read the rules.
SJ asked specifically notion of vape or vaping AFTER year 2006.

coldwind

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
in-ollie-we-trust-t-shirt-351.png

Olliee pick mee :)

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
There you go, lads and lasses!

Congratulations all!

And, here's a fun bonus contest. Requires a little work and probably favors people with a little Google-Fu....

I'd like to see if we can find the FIRST use of the word "vape" or "vaping" online in the MEOV (modern era of vaping) (i.e. since 2006).

I suspect it's on ECF, but it's quite possible it was used elsewhere - note: this usage must relate to e-cigs and NOT to any other substance!

When you find something credible, please post and tag me @SmokeyJoe in the post

Have fun, and let's see if we can crowdsource an answer :)

I'll pick a winner who's answer looks most plausible to me!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The Lounge
A place for chitchat - threads that have become "chat threads" may end up here even if they were originally e-cigarette related. Posts made in this forum will not increase your post count.

The Lounge | E-Cigarette Forum

I'm not worried about post count so much as the "likes" I have been handing out like candy... I don't want to see people loose them, if so, then I wasted my time..

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Yeah cause I am going through liking posts.. I would hate that it would be for nothing! I think people should keep them, but I am speaking only of my opinion..
And you know what they say about opinions right . DOH haha

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
@Seleya already re-posted her entry that I was referring to... got the date wrong though. :)
But that guy is talking about vaping tobacco as in an old reusable Eclipse cig. Those used tobacco and not e-liquid. Not sure if that would count. He said he would try the new 200.00 e-cigarette if it didn't take cartridges and vaped tobacco like the Eclipse.

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
I'm not worried about post count so much as the "likes" I have been handing out like candy... I don't want to see people loose them, if so, then I wasted my time..

For the third time mate, like are not lost. Just the post count... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread