SmokTech RSST Genesis Rebuildable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConradM

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Boise ID
I love this thing, but I am having some wicking issues. I can wick it with mesh and get a decent, good but not great vape, but it's consistent. I've also been trying to wick with cotton balls, I just run a column of cotton down into the tank. It vapes like a dream...at first. But, the cotton wick always drys out and gives a burnt hit. It won't pull liquid up from the tank so I have to drip some cotton on the wick to get the good hit back for a few hits. Where's the killer consistent wick?

Got any pictures? I use cotton and it wicks great.

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
AO ceramic wick is SUPER Consistent…
me2ysevy.jpg

Sent from Gallifrey using a Sonic Screwdriver via Tardis #5 :what:

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
Is it safe to vape on aluminum oxide? I've heard aluminum toxicity causes Alzheimer's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Read the thread. There's some links to msds info, steps on how to produce the wicks.
The only danger found was in production. The fine dust generated should NOT be inhaled. But once shaped and cleaned, its pretty much inert ceramic.
Lots of info in the thread. Long read, but worth it… :D

liquidzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Florence, AZ, USA
Hey guys, i sorta misplaced my insulator for the positive post. Anyone know of any substitute i could use for the insulator. Thanks a lot :laugh:

AGA-T insulators from KidneyPuncher. I'm on mobile or I'd link them, but they're under the Stuff for Modders section (I think). Come in a 10 pack and work great.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Marcellus

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Lion City
AGA-T insulators from KidneyPuncher. I'm on mobile or I'd link them, but they're under the Stuff for Modders section (I think). Come in a 10 pack and work great.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Hey thanks for replying, i was considering getting one online but then i made shift one with some stuff i found that fit, thanks man.

Alamedean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Alameda, CA
Still in need of help:

Still looking for a replacement RSST positive post bottom insulator or even the base plate equipped with the bottom insulator.
Anyone have source for those bad boys yet? Mine is torn up and I don't dare remove it again until I have a replacement. So I can still change out the wick and coil but can't totally clean the unit.

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
Hi eveyone, I just opened my second RSST bought several months ago.

While unscrewing te middle screw to take it apart it flew everywhere and now i pick the parts up i end up with 2 metal washers.
I knew 1 goes on top but the other one? I took apart my older one and cannot find it either. I'm really confused.

Anyone knows?

They may have erred in your favor during the assembly... You now have a spare! Mine only has one, too :D

aaronjudd

Oct 20, 2013
Los Angeles
I have one of the new Pyrex versions, and have been able to build on it, use it fine, but for the life of me - I can't figure out how to disassemble the glass tank portion. I'm afraid to use too much force, don't want to break it. Does the top and bottom unscrew, (everything else is removed) or does it pull apart. I've seen a million of the plastic ones disassembled and pictures seem to show the pyrex coming apart.. I'm working around it but really this is driving me nuts. Any secrets I am missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread