Smoktech Triple Coil Cartomizers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
WOW! Triple coils? Sounds ridiculous, but I HAVE to try them!
My thoughts exactly. Just placed my order.

BTW, for those that asked. I use 2 LifePO4 500mAh 3v batts, I get a day out of them on the dual coils, which isn't too bad. Bruce carries them for a heck of a decent price. These dual and hopefully triple coils work great on a six volt chuck. I also have a chuck with a 5 volt regulator in it, the dual coils will not fire at all due to something weird so I am guessing on some of the five volt mods, depending on how they work, these will not work at all.

I had to give myself a break the other day, was vaping like a research monkey on the duals for a while and my throat was getting kind of fried so I switched back to the regular boges. Be interesting to see what the triple coils do....hmmm, might get my smoking voice back! LOL!

Last edited:

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
I got mine recently. I haven't had a lot of time to spend with them yet so I haven't fully formed an opinion. But, they are a pretty intense vape. If you're a fan of warm vapor, these will do the trick for you :) In fact, the whole carto gets very warm, I had to switch from a metal drip tip to a plastic one after a fairly heavy vaping session.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
I got mine recently. I haven't had a lot of time to spend with them yet so I haven't fully formed an opinion. But, they are a pretty intense vape. If you're a fan of warm vapor, these will do the trick for you :) In fact, the whole carto gets very warm, I had to switch from a metal drip tip to a plastic one after a fairly heavy vaping session.

At what voltage you are using it? Which mod and batteries?

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
A generic VV box mod that runs on a pair of 14500's. I started around 5.1 and very briefly visited 6v. I ended up a little under 5v (around 4.7) before the batteries gave out, and I haven't had a chance to recharge yet. I found at 6v I had a hard time keeping the carto sufficiently wet.

I have a VV boxmod running at 2 14500 bats, what should be simular to the one You used. I have tried it a few minutes at 5.3 volt, but because of what some are saying it to be dangerous, I didn´t dare to use it a longer period.

Did you run it quiet some time withouth having problems with the mod or batteries? At what volts you had the best vape with it?

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
I think I used it maybe for an hour or so trying out the different voltages. It worked best around 4.7 but I haven't fully been able to work it out. I didn't really hear about it being dangerous on things like box mods, I could see it being hazardous to something like an eGO because of the amperage running through the switch.

My biggest problem was keeping it from drying out. I tend to chain vape, so the heat got to be pretty intense.

casualuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2011
NYC
I'm wondering how come you need to run it at a higher voltage? I thought that being a tripe coil it would automatically get hotter despite the lower voltage. Wouldn't it get too hot running at 5-6 volts?

Also what would happen if you used these on a Riva or a T-Rex? I've used dual coils on my Riva for a little with no issue.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
The dual coils have inside 2 paralel 3.2 Ohm coils, and can at a lets say 3.7 volt ego bat still produce enough heat.

The triple coils have 3 paralel 5 Ohm coils. A 5 Ohm coil will not produce enough heat on a 3.5 bat source, it will need more volts to produce the same heat as a dual coil. But then it is given on three spots, not on two, with less heat at a single point, so resulting in more vapour and more taste, at no point it will be burning liquid.

casualuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2011
NYC
So technically you could use the triple coil on a Riva battery but it might take a little longer to get that warm vapor. Is this right?

The dual coils have inside 2 paralel 3.2 Ohm coils, and can at a lets say 3.7 volt ego bat still produce enough heat.

The triple coils have 3 paralel 5 Ohm coils. A 5 Ohm coil will not produce enough heat on a 3.5 bat source, it will need more volts to produce the same heat as a dual coil. But then it is given on three spots, not on two, with less heat at a single point, so resulting in more vapour and more taste, at no point it will be burning liquid.

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
So technically you could use the triple coil on a Riva battery but it might take a little longer to get that warm vapor. Is this right?

I don't think it would heat up enough at all. You would be sitting there puffing on it for 5 years before you get a good hit. These things are really made for mods. I have a dual coil that I tossed on my ego battery and trust me, it's not worth it.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain

You have a double problem there. A riva bat doesnt have enough amps to be delivered, then the volts will drop to under 3 volts.
No way, 3 volts at 1.5 Ohm would produce 6 watts over three coils, so two watt per coil. At 2 watt the coil will not produce enough heat to produce vapour.
Apart, the batterie could do some nasty things. Dont do it is my advice. These are made for a high amp high volt mod.

casualuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2011
NYC
I guess this means I won't be using them on my GGTS either as thats only got a 3.7v battery too. I've used Dual coil 1.5ohm on my Riva and it worked great. But thats probably because the voltage is split between the two coils - Single coil 1.5 ohm would probably fry the battery no?

You have a double problem there. A riva bat doesnt have enough amps to be delivered, then the volts will drop to under 3 volts.
No way, 3 volts at 1.5 Ohm would produce 6 watts over three coils, so two watt per coil. At 2 watt the coil will not produce enough heat to produce vapour.
Apart, the batterie could do some nasty things. Dont do it is my advice. These are made for a high amp high volt mod.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
I don't think it would heat up enough at all. You would be sitting there puffing on it for 5 years before you get a good hit. These things are really made for mods. I have a dual coil that I tossed on my ego battery and trust me, it's not worth it.

this is very true....:facepalm:...i do however use it at 5v's on my grand...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread